We are experiencing exciting growth and we have various opportunities for talented and high performing individuals to be based in the London office given the opportunities arising from increasing regulatory scrutiny, supervision and demand for external assurance.
At present we are seeking to recruit additional talent to the Prudential and Risk Management Practice within our established Financial Services (FS) Consulting business unit. Role
The Prudential and Risk Management Practice provides a number of tailored solutions to support our FS clients with their risk management framework, prudential compliance and management of change initiatives around risk and prudential regulations. This role will be primarily focused in the risk management service area which supports clients with arrangements they have or need to have in place to manage the risks they face in a robust and comprehensive manner.
Typical engagements in the risk management service area include:
Duties and Responsibilities
- Enhancing risk management frameworks (enterprise, prudential and operational risks).
- Assessing, designing and implementing improvements to risk practices to ensure compliance with regulatory expectations and alignment to industry best practices.
- Strengthening internal control framework and deploying technology solutions to support processes and controls
- Advising on risk governance structure and allocation of roles and responsibilities.
- Reviewing and drafting risk management related policies and procedures.
- Strengthening risk and regulatory data management arrangements.
- Providing internal audit subject matter expertise.
The Senior Consultant is expected to participate in the growth of our services by:
- contributing to multiple client engagement teams, working with a wide variety of FS clients to deliver high quality professional services
- supporting business development activities for allocated key accounts or a category of FS clients / prospect
The Senior Consultant will be expected to:
Experience and Knowledge
- Work as part of small and large sized multi-disciplinary engagement teams to deliver the types of engagements listed above.
- Gather and analyse information, perform gap analysis, identify areas of improvements and offer value-adding recommendations.
- Be involved in workshops to resolve client issues, design robust processes / controls and develop an implementation plan.
- Work with stakeholders within clients' organisational structure to implement improvements.
- Support the Engagement Manager to manage the execution of client engagements by monitoring and reporting on delivery status, identifying and promptly escalating any issues and risks that could impact delivery and providing guidance and quality review of others.
- Support in producing materials to help clients understand the impact of regulatory developments and changing risk practices on their business model, control framework, reporting obligations as well as capital and liquidity requirements.
- Develop client relationships, grow networks and assist in identifying and converting engagement opportunities
- Support the development of product offerings and preparation of technical proposals and pitches to clients
- Assist in developing and delivering internal and external training materials
- Mentor, coach and develop junior team membersSpecification
Educational / Professional Qualifications
- You will be working in a risk and control related role either in a consultancy firm or FS industry
- Good understanding of products and services within Corporate and Investment Banking, Wholesale and Retail Banking, Investment Services
- Experience or knowledge of mapping business processes, governance arrangements, control framework, operating structures and supporting IT infrastructures
- Good understanding of risk management concepts such as risk appetite, KRIs, RCSA, loss data and lines of defence
- Knowledge of experience of using risk management standards such as COSO Integrated Enterprise Risk Management Framework, ISO 310000 and any other internal control framework
- Experience or knowledge of reviewing regulatory returns, s166 reports, and firms' business models.
- Experience or knowledge of one or more of the following:
- The UK and EU prudential regulatory framework, covering existing and forthcoming regulations, specifically, knowledge of the PRA Rulebook, Supervisory Statements, the FCA Handbook and the EU CRRII / CRDV
- Preparation or review of Internal Capital Adequacy Assessment Process (ICAAP), in particular Pillar 1 capital requirements, Pillar 2 risks, robustness of stress test scenarios; Internal Liquidity Adequacy Assessment Process (ILAAP), Regulatory Reporting (COREP, FINREP, PRA) and Resolution and Recovery Plan (RRP)
- Holds a Degree qualification or equivalent
- Relevant professional qualification such as the ACA, ACCA would be beneficial but not essential
Inclusion and Diversity
- Project management / organisational skills including being able to manage time effectively and work well with others in a team
- Strong relationship management skills and ability to develop and maintain internal and external network of contacts
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to present to senior level client executives
- Strong analytical skills, attention to detail and ability to critically review work
- Ability to manage projects independently
- Proactive and has ability to suggest and implement ideas
- Acts as a role model setting high standards of quality
- Demonstrate commitment to self-development
- Promotes the firm's values and beliefs, demonstrating integrity and maintaining an ethical stanc
At Mazars inclusion and diversity are central to our values. We recognise that being an inclusive and diverse organisation makes us stronger as a business.
We seek to attract and recruit people who reflect the diverse nature of our clients and communities, regardless of sexual orientation, gender identity, ethnicity, nationality, faith or belief, social background, age and disability. Mazars selects candidates based on skills, knowledge, qualifications and experience.