Senior Manager, New Customer Profitability & Analytics
Permanent Full Time
Risk and Governance, Analytics and Reporting, StrategyHow will your role contribute at NewDay?
In this high-impact role, you will have the responsibility for delivery of Direct-to-Consumer New Account Volumes & ensuring new account profitability achieves required commercial hurdles. These strategies are critical to NewDay Business Performance and the role holder will be a subject matter authority on commercial performance, pricing, and risk/credit limit management. This will include responsibility over challenging how/where our 50m+ marketing budget is spent through identifying, valuing, and prioritising P&L opportunities and being the lead on all new accounts related analytical work. This will have to be done while balancing customer, credit, legal, brand and operational requirements.
You will also be responsible for delivery of all New Account analytical and strategic projects and initiatives - the focus of the role will include data mining, commercial analytics, Cash based returns/NPV financial modelling and forecasting.
The successful candidate will require excellent analytical and data marketing skills and a strong commercial mind-set.Key accountabilities
- Ownership of pricing across all Acquisition Channels to ensure vital profitability hurdles are met while delivering strategies that allow the acquisition team to achieve the targeted new account volumes.
- Drive the new accounts and spend outlook and roadmap, working with the team to define and measure against operating plan. Lead the wider team to identify, value and prioritize new customer opportunities, working with wider business to implement activities to grow the portfolio.
- Accountable for modelling CBR/NPV impacts of products, initiatives, underwriting changes and new credit products to advise business strategy and outlook. This includes end to end delivery of key business initiatives.
- As a Senior Manager, contribute to the overall strategy, focusing on driving insights from data & analytics to drive improved commercial results and identify new opportunities to ensure business objectives are met.
- Lead on all finance related processes including regular reporting & forecasting cycle (including new account volumes, spend & unit-of-one submissions), Budget tracking, financial planning & analysis, securitisation & investor queries.
- Present at senior level (Director & Exco) meetings to demonstrate the value that is driven by campaigns/strategies and lead the continuous improvement of strategies to improve business impact.
- End-to end ownership from strategy development to data targeting and execution across a range of initiatives, working with Marketing, Credit Risk & Finance teams.
- Owner of all key analysis concerning New Account Reporting and Forecasting ensuring robust processes are in place. The accuracy of these forecasts is important to ensure risk and opportunities are proactively managed to ensure delivery against budgeted plans and to help advise multi-million-pound marketing investment decisions.
- Develop and mentor a technical team of analysts to build a centre of excellence for strategy and analysis as well as playing a leadership role across the Commercial team.
Key skills, knowledge, qualifications & experienceEssential:
- Support the NewDay's risk management programme.
- A robust governance system to ensure data is used compliantly and selection processes minimise human error. Liaise with data governance to ensure processes are in control.
- Seek out industry data, analytics and insight innovation and assess benefit to NewDay commercial strategy.
- Strong quantitative analytical skills within analytics functions of Financial Services (Commercial/Credit Risk/Marketing departments)
- Proven experience in an analytical and commercial environment including experience of financial product valuation methodologies, preferably credit card (but will consider savings and loans).
- Strong logical and methodical approach to solving commercial problems with ability to align customer solutions to commercial and strategic goals.
- Excellent knowledge of SAS/SQL/Excel with experience of manipulating and handling data from several complex sources and compiling to generate reports/MI within the financial sector.
- Ability to present findings & analysis in a structured and well thought-through way, particularly when addressing a non-expert audience.
- Strong ability to communicate effectively and persuasively
- Ability to manage develop, schedule, and execute complex requirements.
- BA degree in quantitative fields such as Economics, Finance, Statistics or Mathematics
- Experience of leading a team of analysts
- Proficient in planning and change ownership, proven capability to deliver complex projects
- Experience working on/with consumer lending products (cards / loans / mortgages) and the regulatory environment they operate in
- Ability to work within and knowledge of regulated credit environment
- Proven ability of leading and developing teams to deliver best in class capability while handling intense pace
- Maintains high standards of personal & professional integrity whilst respecting diverse viewpoints
- Collaborative operating style with ability and mind-set to get stuck in and roll their sleeves up to support wider team objectives