We are looking for a Business Rates Director to join our GL Hearn business in London. You will be working with the High Street and Retail Warehouse Valuer Teams, Client Liaison, Administration, Support and Referencing Teams. Negotiation of business rate appeals throughout England and Wales. Main area of work is in connection with a variety of property types including retail, office, industrial and local authority occupations but all major classes of property are involved from time to time. We have central administration teams based in Southampton and Cheltenham and it will be key to communicate effectively across all teams and offices. This role will covering appeal settlement work, client development and budgeting advice for clients.Job title:
Business Rates Director- GL HearnJob Description:What you'll be doing:
What we're looking for:
- Account management of clients' portfolios
- Providing technical advice and managing valuers
- Providing recommendations to clients regarding business rates proposals
- Providing updates on business rates matters to clients during regular meetings
- Responsibility for agreeing levels of value in respect of the 2017 Rating List
- Working with the support teams to ensure our information management systems are kept up to date with portfolio changes
- Advice to clients regarding rate liability matters
- Negotiation of business rate appeals throughout England and Wales
- Main area of work is in connection with a variety of property types including retail, food, office, industrial and local authority occupations but all major classes of property are involved from time to time. Inspecting and measuring properties as needed
- Successful settlement of case work
- Timely reporting to clients
- Accurate maintenance of the GL Hearn Information Management System (GLHIMS), responding to business rates enquiries from clients and prospects and seeking opportunities to cross sell other services offered by GL Hearn
About GL Hearn:
- Qualified Chartered Surveyor with extensive experience in Business Rates.
- Extensive knowledge of valuation for rating purposes
- Extensive experience of negotiation of rating appeals in both England and wales
- Understanding of rate liability calculations.
- IT skills (Word, Excel, database maintenance).
GL Hearn is a market-leading UK real estate consultancy, providing successful planning, development and occupier advisory outcomes for both public and private sector clients. GL Hearn offer a wide range of specialist professional services from environmental, infrastructure and town and country planning, business rates advice, valuation and lease advisory, through to development including compulsory purchase and land assembly, private sector development management, agency and consultancy expertise.
Our head office in London, and network of regional offices, are home to over 250 specialist consultants and client advisors.What's in it for you?
What we hope you'll do next:
- A competitive basic salary
- 25 days' holiday (rising to 27) with the opportunity to buy extra leave.
- Company car or car allowance benefit
- The opportunity to take a paid day out of the office annually, volunteering for our charity partners or a cause of your choice.
- Company matched pension, life assurance, a cycle2work scheme, 15 weeks' fully paid maternity, adoption and shared parental leave, paternity pay of two weeks... and plenty more.
- Voluntary benefits designed to suit your lifestyle - from discounts on retail and socialising, to health & wellbeing, travel, and technology.
- Access to our Employee Network Groups, which represent every strand of diversity and allow colleagues to connect and learn from each other on an open, inclusive platform.
Choose 'Apply now' to fill out our short application, so that we can find out more about you.To view our Covid-19 and process adjustments information, please visit the Capita Careers site.Equal Opportunities
We're an equal opportunity employer, which means we'll consider all suitably qualified applicants regardless of gender identity or expression, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, age, sexual orientation, disability status or any other protected characteristic. We recruit and develop our people based on merit and their passion for creating better outcomes, and we're committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. During the application process, you'll be asked to share your personal characteristics and data with us. This helps us understand our audience so we can make sure we are doing everything we can to attract a diverse range of people and ensure our recruitment processes are fair and inclusive.Location:
United KingdomTime Type:
Full timeContract Type: