Job title: Learning Support CoachLocation:
Permanent role37 hours per week, Term Time only plus 5 days per annum
A secondary school is seeking a Learning Support Coach who has an interest in physical education and who can support students learning and positive behaviour at school. You will play a key part in planning and delivering individual student programmes and have a collective responsibility in securing outstanding outcomes for all students.
Your main duties include but are not limited to:
- Working alongside teachers and other staff to support student learning during lessons and activity sessions, providing individual support and 1:1 interventions where identified
- Supervising the work being undertaken by individual or small groups of students, some of whom might be deemed to be at risk and may have challenging behaviour
- Assisting in all student assessments, reviews and reporting
- Promoting an effective 'learning partnership' between students, parents/carers and the school by undertaking direct and regular liaison with parents/carers
- Be committed to safeguarding, child protection and promoting the welfare of children and young people by following the Council's and School's procedures for safeguarding and child protection
To be considered, it is essential that you:
- Experience of working with children and/or young people in either youth work or school settings
- Have an interest and are keen to be involved with physical education activities
- Have the ability to use computers and word processing
- Are able to build positive relationships with young people, their parents and work closely with individuals and organisations
- Have the ability to employ strategies to improve a young person's self-esteem and self-worth through a co-ordinated programme
If this is the ideal role for you, apply by clicking "Apply Now" below and we will be in touch.