Senior Finance Controls Manager: CapEx, IAS 16 - LondonSenior Finance Controls Manager: CapEx, IAS 16 - London
The work location is in London
(hybrid remote working)
The pay rate on offer is £500 -£550 per day (Inside IR35 - via Umbrella ONLY)
The duration of the contract is 6 months
(to start ASAP).The client is an iconic, multinational British retailer. Job Purpose
Property is a key part of that transformation. We are at the frontline of the business - Whether that is delivering investments to drive future growth or operating one of the largest and most complex retail portfolios in the UK in a sustainable and efficient way. The business relies on the Property Finance team to provide commercial insight, support a culture of discipline and control and be leaders in data and digital.
We have a Fixed Term/Temp opportunity for an experienced Senior Finance Manager to join the team. The Senior Finance Manager will lead the day-to-day control, reporting and forecasting of Capex and Utilities, own elements of the monthly management accounts, as well as overseeing the budget process and Business Unit (Food and C&H) reporting. You will interact with a wide range of stakeholders, including finance colleagues within the Business Units and Group, plus stakeholders across the Property function.
This is a great opportunity for an individual experienced in financial control to experience first-hand the operations and management of a large, complex and changing Property portfolio.Key accountabilities and measures
- Lead on financial control of utilities and capex. Responsible for the monthly reporting of actuals vs budget, forecast and prior years, monthly reforecasting and inputs into monthly management accounts. Supported by two finance analysts.
- Lead on monthly capex controls, including monthly review of capitalisation forms, fixed asset register, assets in the course of construction and disposals/write-offs.
- Responsible for monthly investment and contract pipeline reporting included in month end management accounts, liaising with finance colleagues in other Business Units and Procurement.
- Review month end allocations of Property costs to Business Units (performed by a Finance Analyst) and support in resolution of any unallocated balances.
- Responsibility for budget co-ordination. Ensuring timelines and critical path are met, liaising with Shared Service Centre teams, Group and Business Unit FP&A teams.
Key relationships and stakeholders
- Qualified accountant with several years PQE essential
- Background in financial control (monthly reporting, budgeting, forecasting and controls) essential
- Experience of capex accounting in large capital-intensive businesses (e.g. Property, Telcos etc) an advantage
- Knowledge of IAS 16 and other relevant accounting standards an advantage
- Strong Excel skills essential and knowledge of SAP, SAP BPC and Board an advantage
- Fast learner and self-starter, with a collaborative approach who is able to quickly build relationships with a wide range of stakeholders
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple deliverables to key deadlines
What you'll get from the role
- Head of Finance - Property Controller
- Wider Finance Team, including Heads of Finance and FDs
- Group and BU FP&A teams
- Property Programme Management Office
- Property Cost Teams (i.e. Quantity Surveyors)
- Wider Property Team, including Heads Of and Property Directors
- First-hand experience in the operation of a large, complex and changing Property portfolio
- Development of a broad network across finance and the wider business - with opportunities to understand the business