Product Marketing Manager vacancy available - January start!
- Paddington or Southwark - Hybrid work
- 7 months (Maternity Cover)
- From January 2022
This is a fantastic opportunity to join our clients smart-tech team. This role sits within the global marketing team in smart tech and their own sub brand within our client with their own culture and set up, the team does everything from developing new products and implementing channels. The products are children's smart watches and pet GPS trackers amongst other upcoming exciting technology! This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing category.
What the role involves...
On a daily basis, you will work with the Product Manager and will be responsible for communicating the product to the customer is (what the product is, how it is going to change their life!) The Product Marketing Manager will be accountable for everything from communications to campaigns and distributing to the product to the markets. The Product Marketing Manager will work hand in hand with the Product Manager and will liaise with the marketing team to understand the usage of the niche product.
You will be responsible for going through all the different platforms to go to market, stakeholder management and delivering to market. You will work with the customer / research team to develop programs focused on Comms (PR, retail, Eshop) in order to come up with a comms proposition. Experience writing briefs would be beneficial as well as previous experience in a similar role.
- Develop new and compelling insight led propositions and a GTM marketing approach which will differentiate our client from their competitors and grow our NPS, Brand awareness, consideration and market share.
- Working alongside our key markets, define the product marketing plan for new and existing consumer Smart Tech products.
- In collaboration with our Creative studio and key markets, develop all marketing and press assets for new product launches including packaging, retail POS, website content and marketing communications (Press, videos, advertising etc) for successful market launches
- Champion consumer research and assist concept generation based on its insights
- Drive commercial performance - capitalising on emerging opportunities, understanding and responding to competitive activity
- Understand the complete customer experience and support design of the end to end lifecycle at all stages and touchpoints (sales and distribution channels e.g. Retail and E-Commerce, CVM, customer care etc.)
Core Competencies / Experience
- Experienced in defining new product marketing strategy and marketing communications in a large, complex, multi-national environment (more than 3 years)
- Experienced in a market environment with understanding of local GTM planning dynamics
- Knowledge of telco business models, revenue streams, pricing strategies, market sizing and partnering models
- Knowledge of how to take complex products and translate into consumer needs
- Excellent programme management skills and can-do attitude with ability to multitask across a range of product launches and partnership opportunities with effective reporting of key developments to all stakeholders, overcoming challenges and managing risks
- High customer focus and ability to communicate effectively, inspire and influence
- Ability to take consultative approach to business problems
- A flair for innovation and working in a start-up environment, no task is beneath you and new challenges are actively sought out
- Proven track record in product marketing
- Desired experience within consumer electronics, IoT, smart home or new technology
Conversation with recruiter around job role and responsibilities and a short application over the phone
ASAPWhat you'll get in return
Flexible working options available.What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.