Pay: £21,047 - £23,687 for hours and weeks stated
Start Date: Immediate
We require a HLTA to join New Horizons Children's Academy. You will be willing to take the opportunity to play a full part in the further development of our school and join us in our aims to make learning irresistible and to provide a nurturing and safe environment for everyone.
You will need to hold a relevant Level 2 or higher childcare qualification, have good communication skills and excellent literacy and numeracy skills (GCSE or equivalent, Grade C or above). Good ICT skills would also be desirable.
You will need to have experience of working with KS1 and KS2 aged children as well as a desire to support pupils to reach their full potential through one-to-one work, group work and whole class support.
What you will need to succeed:
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Committed to supporting pupils
- Effective communicator both orally and in writing
- Effective ICT skills
- Excellent organisational and administrative skills
- Understanding of the educational system and current developments
- Ability to motivate and to support learning
What our Trust will offer you:
- The opportunity to work with and support happy and well-behaved children who are excited about learning and work with parents who are supportive of our school values and ethos.
- Vast support network from senior leaders and teachers within the school and our Trust
- Outstanding CPD tailored to you, wherever you are in your career
- Reduced membership of a fully-equipped fitness suite and classes - located on the site of New Horizons Children's Academy
- A 24/7 employee assistance programme which provides counselling and support / advice on a wide array of areas
- Membership to the Local Government Pension Scheme
What you need to do now:
If you are interested in working at our small and friendly school, benefitting from a supportive network of colleagues across our Trust, and are keen to progress your career then please apply today!
Early applications are encouraged and we reserve the right to close the vacancy if a suitable candidate is found.
To arrange an informal telephone conversation please contact Georgina Spratt.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Closing Date: 05/12/2021 at 23:45
Information about the school
We are the best performing primary school in Medway, ranking well above average progress in all areas. - 2019 Department of Education Primary league table results
We are a modern three-form entry school that opened in September 2014 and teaches over 600 children from the local community. We have modern classrooms and facilities that will help the successful applicant teach an inspiring and creative curriculum to our students. This is an exciting opportunity to join our modern school and join our Trust. You will work with brand new facilities and grasp the opportunity to influence and shape the vision of our Academy.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all our students. You are advised that this post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (Amendment) (England and Wales) Order 2020 and therefore this post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure Application to the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).