Pay: TSAT Grade C Pro rata £14,677 - £16,070
Start Date: 4th January 2022
We require a Teaching Assistant to join Gordon Children's Academy. You will be willing to take the opportunity to play a full part in the further development of our school and join us in our aims to make learning irresistible and to provide a nurturing and safe environment for everyone.
You will promote the development of the physical and mental well-being of pupils as directed by the classroom teacher.
"Leaders' actions to make improvements and ensure consistency across the school have been successful. As a result, standards have risen sharply since the school opened."
"Leaders' non-negotiable expectations have led to improvements in teaching, which is now good." -OFSTED 2017
What you will need to succeed:
For full list of roles and responsibilities please see the attached JD
- Enable pupils' access to learning by supervising and assisting pupils (one to one and in small groups) across a wide range of activities and supported learning activities.
- Understanding of the educational system and current developments
- Ability to motivate and to support learning
- Committed to supporting pupils
- Effective communicator both orally and in writing as well as excellent inter personal and organisational skills
- Contribute to the effective organisation of the school with administrative and clerical support.
What our Trust will offer you:
- The opportunity to work with and support happy and well-behaved children who are excited about learning and work with parents who are supportive of our school values and ethos.
- Vast support network from senior leaders and other teachers within the school and our Trust including excellent CPD opportunities
- Reduced membership of a fully-equipped fitness suite and classes - located on the site of New Horizons Children's Academy
- A 24/7 employee assistance programme which provides counselling and support / advice on a wide array of areas
What you need to do now:
If you are interested in working at our friendly school, benefitting from a supportive network of colleagues across our Trust, and are keen to progress your career then please apply today!
Early applications are encouraged and we reserve the right to close the vacancy if a suitable candidate is found.
To arrange an informal telephone conversation or tour of the school please contact Kerry Masters.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Closing Date: 05/12/2021 at 23:45
Information about the school
The Gordon's Children's Academy is based in the Strood area. Our Junior and Infant school work closely together to ensure that all staff and children work together as one. We are lucky enough have a passionate workforce at our school who all care for and respect the fantastic children of our school.
We are dedicated to school improvement and we all aim to provide a happy, safe and fun school environment for the children, and our staff too. We have high expectations of behaviour and we recognise that it is our responsibility to listen to the children verbally or by interpreting their behaviour. Pupils of Gordon's Children's Academy are proud of their school and have an exciting environment around them to learn in, we encourage use of a creative curriculum and all children enjoy decorating their classroom whilst they focus on a particular topic across the curriculum.
The Thinking Schools Academy Trust
The Thinking Schools Academy Trust is a family of schools consisting of both primary and secondary schools across Kent, Hampshire and Plymouth.
We believe that every young person in our community deserves to have the best opportunities at life regardless of their individual circumstances.
Education is the key to transforming life chances and we support and develop every member of our community to:
- Think about their Thinking o Be their Best self o Shape their Success
In this way we transform life chances
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all our students. You are advised that this post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (Amendment) (England and Wales) Order 2020 and therefore this post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure Application to the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).