Are you an organised and methodical Finance Administrator? If so, Berry Recruitment are currently recruiting for a Finance Administrator to join our established client's team in Black Country and West Birmingham (Walsall) as soon as possible.
This would be a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Admin Assistant to progress in their career and join an experience, friendly team and gain some vital experience with the UK's number one medical service.
This position is Home based, although there would be some office based training to begin with which is likely to be in Walsall, WV12 4HB.
The job purpose is to provide support to ensure the Company's financial transactions are accurate and timely, whether entered locally or processed through the company's Shared Business Service and other third party service providers.
In addition the post holder will ensure the delivery of the national company's quarterly agreement of balances requirements and the Company's statutory financial returns.
The post holder will be responsible for the progress of purchase orders and payments taking corrective action as appropriate, raising debtor invoices and administering the Company's petty cash float.Job type:
Full time hours, Temporary on going contractPay Rate:
£9.09 - £10.28 per hourSchedule:
Monday - FridayWork remotely:
- Ensuring all non-purchase order invoices registered on the system are promptly and accurately coded and forwarded to the relevant manager for authorisation.
- Ensuring new suppliers are set-up promptly and correctly liaising with the Company's Procurement team and Company's system to ensure they have been set up.
- Entering Manual payment requests and Invoice Payment Files including monthly contract payments to the company and other bodies onto the system for approval.
- Running standard reports at month and year-end taking corrective action to support accurate financial reporting working with Company's and SBS staff.
- Checking through unpaid invoices on the system for potential duplicates plus invoices without a supplier setup.
- Analysing Purchase Order reports on a weekly basis and liaising with the Requisitioner regarding receipting orders, raising new orders and also querying with Procurement and SBS if necessary to resolve any problems.
- Taking telephone calls from suppliers and through enquiry on the accounts payable system, identify payments made to them and if necessary chase the relevant personnel or SBS for outstanding items.
- Reconciling Purchase Order Business Intelligence reports by matching Purchase Orders without an invoice against Non Purchase Order ledger transactions.
- Dealing with supplier statements regarding outstanding invoices and resolving any problems or issues.
- Supporting the line Manager in the company's Agreement of Balances exercise (receivables and income) in accordance with national guidance and deadlines. Organising and maintaining records for agreement and resolving any discrepancies/queries as highlighted by the company's guidelines
- Resolving queries from managers and budget holders regarding any accounts payable matters.
- Validating Non Contracted Activity invoices against Non Patient Identifiable Data information received from other Trusts.
- Extracting Local Enhanced Service claims data from Practices and then validating information to make the relevant payment as per the timetable agreed with Practices at the start of the financial year.
- Answering queries from Practice Managers around payments.
- Checking Collaborative and Mental Health claims and once verified and authorised get the Invoice Payment File ready for payment.
- Monitor invoices on hold to ensure they are held for valid reasons and taken off hold as required.
- Administering the Company's petty cash float in accordance with the agreed procedures including responsibility for the safe key, paying out petty cash claims and checking the float on a monthly basis to ensure it reconciles with the expected balance.
- Contribute to the Company's relationship with its internal and external auditors ensuring that all relevant recommendations are implemented and agreed
You will be responsible for your own health and safety and that of your colleagues in accordance with current health and safety regulations.
Berry Company Benefits
- AAT Technician Level (NVQ Level 3) OR equivalent experience.
- Evidence of Continuing Professional Development
- Evidence of formal training in Microsoft Excel
- Evidence of formal training on Oracle ledger system
- Meets deadlines
- Good at problem solving
- Team Player
For more information about this role, please get in touch with the Loughborough Office.
- Paid through PAYE
- Online payslips
- 1000's of offers for big brands on the high street and leisure
- Discounted Memberships at over 3,000 Gyms
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and ability to perform the duties of the job.