We are looking for an Office Manager to organise and supervise administrative systems within Harris Primary Academy Orpington.
The successful candidate will contribute to the planning, development and monitoring of support services and/or management of admin support staff, including the coordination and delegation of relevant activities.About Us
Our aim is to provide our pupils with a well-rounded and enjoyable education that ensures each child succeeds academically, physically and emotionally - preparing them for life in an ever-changing world.Main Areas of Responsibility
The main responsibilities of this role fall into the following areas:
- Administration and diary management for the Head of Academy and Assistant Director Primary, acting as the first line of contact for any phone calls and requests, maintaining filing systems and undertaking general administration, including agendas and minutes for meetings (including Governors' meetings)
- Support for HR processes and files, including payroll, administration of performance appraisal documentation, managing the recruitment and appointment process (including initiating DBS, List 99, medical and reference checks), and taking responsibility for the Single Central Record
- Supporting the Harris Federation Finance Business Partner, including negotiating, managing and monitoring contracts and tenders, managing and maintaining financial administrative systems and overseeing and implementing financial processes as directed
- Communication and marketing for the academy, ensuring information received is forwarded to appropriate staff, coordinating website and newsletter communication and acting as a contact for press liaison and news as advised
- Office Management, Risk management and Administrative Lead, including data management support, line managing office staff, maintaining the asset register and processing in-year and annual Reception admissions
This is not a full list of responsibilities and should be read in conjunction with the Job Pack.Qualifications & Experience
- Appropriate degree or equivalent level of education
- Trained in the use of a variety of ICT packages
- Knowledge of personal assistant roles and responsibilities
- Training in typing and formatting of a variety of documents including spreadsheets
- Working in an urban school or with urban students
- Experience of managing staff in relation to the PA role
- Some experience of human resources e.g. recruitment and/or monitoring attendance
- Experience of working to targets and deadlines
- Experience of managing meetings including preparation and circulation of papers, minutes and ensuring information is circulated as required
- Experience of managing diaries at a high level, including communication with a range of audiences.
- Experience of managing high profile events
- Experience of developing policies, processes and procedures
If you have any questions about this opportunity, please contact us via e-mail, or call to arrange a conversation.
Before applying, please download the Job Pack for full details on the job responsibilities and person specification. You will need this when completing your application.
Please note: we may hold interviews as and when applications are received and we reserve the right to offer to a candidate prior to the closing date. We only accept applications submitted online via our careers website and which are completed before the closing deadline. With this in mind, we encourage you to apply as soon as possible and advise you check the job information as per the listing on our careers site.Rewards & Benefits
Our people are at the heart of our success. We have developed a strong culture of collaboration and best practice, with professional development and career planning at its centre. We invest in our staff with support, coaching, mentoring, and a wide range of top-quality training programmes delivered at every level to senior leadership.
We look for talented individuals who share our vision for creating exceptional places of learning, and are committed to ensuring that every child in London has access to the best possible education.
In addition to the opportunities for career progression, training and development, we also offer a competitive rewards and benefits package which includes our Harris Allowance, a Performance and Loyalty Bonus, Pension Scheme, a Wellbeing Cash Plan and many other benefits.Safeguarding Notice
The Harris Federation and all our academies are committed to ensuring the highest levels of safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and we expect all our staff and volunteers to share in this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, references, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants. Before applying, please review our Policy Statement on the Recruitment of Ex-Offenders.Equal Opportunities
The Harris Federation is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified candidates.
As a provider of employment and education, we value the diversity of our staff and students, and all our staff are equally valued and respected. We are committed to providing a fair, equitable and mutually supportive learning and working environment for our students and staff.