A School Federation Business Manager is needed in Richmond-Upon-Thames.
This is an exciting opportunity for the right candidate to develop their career.
36 hours a week all year round
Accountable: Executive Headteacher
Applicants must have experience as a School Business Manager
Relevant accounting qualifications (ACCA, CIMA, AAT) essential for the role.
1. Core Purpose
- To manage the federation administrative teams, providing leadership, training and guidance in line with the strategic direction of the federation.
- To manage an efficient and effective 'non-teaching' structure and system of accountability.
- To be responsible for strategic planning and providing a lead in the financial direction of the federation.
- To provide robust financial management of the federation's activities and assets.
- To be responsible for the accuracy of financial forecasting, budgetary processes and the end of year accounts.
- To contribute to whole school leadership as part of the Federation Strategy Team, Senior Leadership Teams and support the governing body in fulfilling their responsibilities.
- To manage the health and safety of the federation in partnership with the Executive Head teacher and Premises Teams
- To provide project management leadership across the federation.
- To act as the Data Protection Officer for the federation, and as such has the responsibilities as laid out under GDPR Act.
2. Strategic Planning and Management
- To liaise with the LA Finance Department and School Finance Officers to ensure effective and timely financial monitoring through production of monthly reports.
- To make use of national and regional benchmarking data available to provide the ELT and Governors with comparative analysis to inform decision making on financial prioritisation.
- To liaise with all relevant organisations to ensure the federation receives its full funding allocation and to inform accurate financial planning.
- To ensure the school meets statutory financial standards and all necessary requirements from internal and external auditors.
- To provide leadership for federation staff in terms of effective budget management, including training where necessary on financial management.
3. Leadership and Line Management
- To assist in the Federation's self-review procedures.
- To line manage the federation administrative team and premises teams to ensure smooth day to day running of the schools premises
- To oversee effective management of the federation finances and HR systems on a day-to-day basis.
- To liaise with each school's ICT Coordinator and to ensure that there is a strategic plan in place for the existing and future development of the IT capability within the school.
- To liaise and manage each school Premises staff to ensure the strategic development of the school sites, refurbishment projects, new builds and contracts.
- To liaise with ELT and Premises staff to carry out Health and Safety Inspections to ensure all areas of the school are compliant
- To oversee the development of a comprehensive business continuity and disaster recovery plan.
- To be aware of and comply with policies and procedures relating to child protection, safeguarding and safe working practices.
- To ensure that the curriculum is fully costed, affordable and reflected in the financial plans of the school. To provide strategic vision and leadership across all 'non-teaching' functions of the federation.
- To attend relevant governors meetings particular those involving financial matters.
- To take a lead role in the communication systems within the school including the website.
- To promote the well-being of pupils and staff.
4. Project Management and Management of External Services and Contracts:
- To be responsible for the effective management of all ongoing contracts entered into by the federation with external agencies (e.g. grounds maintenance, utilities, refuse collection, personal hygiene, etc.).
- To be responsible for the effective management of all one-off contracts with external agencies (e.g. capital works and insurance works).
- To lead the tendering process, and to liaise with the Executive Head teacher on all contracts to that ensure best value and quality of provision is maintained.
- To work with the ELT on improvement of the site, including the most effective deployment of revenue and capital monies to ensure continued improvement.
- Manage staffing, buildings, ICT systems, equipment and school vehicles to achieve an uninterrupted service.
5. HR and Payroll
- To monitor SLAs for value for money.
- Manage the school's single central record of enhanced DBS disclosure checks
- To liaise with the Executive Head teacher in relation to personnel issues and LA HR Department to ensure that the school complies with relevant legislation.
- To maintain an effective performance management process for the federation administrative team and premises team.
- To manage and report on staff absence
- To liaise with the local authority HR department as required.
- To manage recruitment, appointment and contractual procedures. 6.Data Protection Officer
- Ensure that all data collection and processing completed by both schools is in line with the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR)
- Outline all categories of data collected within the school and the reasons for doing so.
- Ensure there is sufficient evidence to support the legal basis for maintaining data records, with particular regard to special category data and information on criminal offences.
- Manage the process of requesting consent for certain categories of data and maintain evidence.
- Prepare Legitimate Interest Assessments for any data processing not covered by consent.
- Publish updated Privacy Notices in compliance with Act.
- Create awareness of GDPR among school staff and governors
- Ensure all contracts which have an element of data sharing are compliant with GDPR.
- Record and report any serious data breaches to the ICO.
- Keep abreast of any changes in legislation relating to data protection
7.Other duties Developing and maintain good relationships with parents and local community.
- Attending school events. Liaise with Executive Head Teacher regarding marketing/branding of the school
- Attending all INSET and training sessions as required by the Federation.
- Acting as Key Holder for both schools (including opening and closing as required).
- The FBM will also be expected to perform other, reasonable tasks appropriate to the role to meet the outlined purpose of the role.
If you are interested in this role, click 'apply now', or email with an up to date copy of your CV.