Our client is a leader in real world data and research solutions for healthcare and life sciences. They have innovative data & technology solutions. They serve customers across the drug lifecycle e.g. clinical trials, pharmacovigilance, HEOR and commercial.
The company is part of a global group and work in the EMR division - they work with primary and secondary care data from the UK, USA and increasingly focus on EU. Research is conducted primarily using retrospective datasets and some prospective PRO data capture.
The Director of Research will oversee the scientific functions of the company, including basic and applied research projects, as well as the development of new processes, technologies, or products. This is a strategic board level role as well as technical position with oversight and project-specific responsibilities.Responsibilities:
- The Director of Research will augment and develop the scientific and research capabilities of company and provide scientific leadership
- Lead a team of epidemiologists, biostatisticians, modellers, and medical professionals, to ensure projects are scientifically robust, address needs of the clients, and are delivered on time
- Develop and implement business strategies to ensure implementing state of the art processes that improve the quality of scientific analyses
- Assist teams in troubleshooting issues, resolving conflicts, and reaching consensus with stakeholders.
- The Director of Research will provide technical leadership and training to efficiently produce the highest quality scientific products
- Coach team members and establish clear expectations with them regarding responsibilities, goals and behaviors, and champion and model exceptional performance and talent management
- Support business development efforts including the development of scientific scope of work
- Participate in relevant industry forums, contributing to thought leadership activities, and establishing a reputation and network within the industry
- Directly engage with senior pharmaceutical executives in client management and consulting activities
- Develop strong relationships with healthcare and regulatory authorities
- Lead and engage in innovative research ideas, supporting the product development team
- Educated to either MSc, PhD or MD level or record of scientific accomplishment in research, health policy, biostats or epidemiology (or closely related fields)
- Strategic level experience within epidemiological research
To find out more about Real please visit www.realstaffing.com
- Knowledge of the healthcare industry including the pharmaceutical industry
- Ideally published in peer-reviewed journals in observational research, and/or health economics
Real Staffing, a trading division of SThree Partnership LLP is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy| Registered office | 1st Floor, 75 King William Street, London, EC4N 7BE, United Kingdom | Partnership Number | OC387148 England and Wales