SMART Education are recruiting for a SEND Home Tutor near BIRMINGHAM support a young person in their studies. The young person has most recently been on roll at a school in BIRMINGHAM and the tuition would take place at the young persons home throughout the week at times convenient to both tutor and family
As an SEND Tutor, your role will involve supporting & educating students on a 1:1 basis in their home environment, helping students access learning and make progress in their education. The young person we are looking to support has ASD, SEMH and sensory needs.
Prior experience of working with young people who have SEND requirements or those who have faced barriers in education is essential to this role.
If you have worked with any of the below specifically, this would be advantageous:
* COMPLEX NEEDS
* SENSORY NEEDS
Responsibilities as an SEND Tutor:
* Working 1:1 with students who have various special educational needs
* Travelling to schools, libraries and students homes to complete 1- 2 hour bookings.
* Tutor is to focus on A level chemistry
* Understanding and appreciation of working with vulnerable young people and those with SEND
* Positive behaviour strategy, knowledge and experience of helping children self - regulate emotions
* Excellent written communication and reporting
* Excellent timekeeping and reliability
* QTS preferable or a Degree and previously tutoring experience
* Experience of working with SEND students
* Highly ambitious & enthusiastic
* Be able to work with a creative approach to the curriculum
* Able to manage behaviour and set firm and clear boundaries
* Motivate learners
* Patient & Motivating
Hours: 10 hours per week
Start Date: ASAP