Badenoch + Clark are working with a internationally, well known financial services business based in the heart of Newcastle City Centre. The business has created several finance roles in their Newcastle shared services centre due to on-going success and are now looking to bring in a Qualified Finance Manager to oversee a team of accountants, ensuring that reporting is raised correctly and is presented with confidence to SMT.
The candidate will also ensure that information relating to budgeting, forecasting, cost analysis and variances is reported in a timely manner, whilst also being able to provide commentary to optimization and ultimately influencing stakeholders as to the best course of action.
This position is a good opportunity for the candidate to develop their career in a large organisation who offer great career development and additional internal opportunities.
Salary: £45,000 - £55,000 (+Annual Bonus)
Hybrid: Yes (50% WFH/In office)
Your key responsibilities
* Work with SMT to understand the financial information available and agree priorities and actions.
* Ensure that the information/reports/analysis provided to the business are relevant, timely, and accurate.
* Develop effective working relationships and influence stakeholders.
* Extract key messages from the reported numbers and share these findings with Senior Leadership.
* Deliver robust month-end process.
* Play a key role in various Plan/Forecast/Business Planning exercises.
* Process improvement - Ensure the Finance team's processes are as efficient as possible.
* Be seen as a stakeholder for the Account & Control team.
* Lead / participate fully in projects
* Ad-hoc analysis/reporting as required.
* Preferably a qualified accountant e.g. CIMA, ACCA.
* Excellent written and oral communication skills displaying confidence when explaining complex financial issues to Senior Management
* Calm under pressure.
* Proactive, organised and self-sufficient
* Ability to prioritise and multitask.
* Customer focused and responsive
* Strong computer skills (advanced Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook).
* Able to analyse and interpret data from a variety of sources.
* Able to demonstrate project management experience / skills.
If you believe this role is suitable for you, or if you'd be keen to find out more - please apply and we shall follow up with a call to discuss the opportunity in further detail.
Badenoch + Clark acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Badenoch + Clark UK is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Badenoch + Clark. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser: https://en-gb/candidate-privacy