I am currently working with a prestigious organisation who have a requirement for an experienced Payroll Team Leader. The role is based in Glasgow city centre. The company are offering a great salary and discounted travel. You will also be working a hybrid model with 3 days in the office and 2 days at home.
You will report directly to the Payroll Manager and have responsibility for leading the Payroll Administrators.Main responsibilities include;
· Supervise and lead Payroll Administrators to ensure all our Operating Company's Payroll related data are accurate when input into the Payroll system according to a strict timetable.
· Deal with varying pay enquiries from Payroll staff
· Monitor and control check sickness/maternity and other absence payments to identify any training requirements or issues. Ensuring all are up to date on legislation to ensure the payroll is compliant with statutory changes.
· Dealing with escalated pension queries from Payroll Administrators.
· Answer or advising on escalated pay queries from both employees and 3rd parties by telephone and in writing.
· Performing routine checks on payroll output.
· Processing End to End Payroll for Operating Company's
· Ensuring all Third party, advance payments are checked, approved and paid on time
· Ensuring all Payroll Manuals/ Workflows are kept up to date
· Attend and provide action plan from relevant meetings with key departments.
· Hold and document One to One's including setting objectives with Payroll administrators with the team
· Train Payroll Administrators and ensuring proper training plan set up and maintained.Experience required
- Be a proactive team player
- Be able to coach and train staff/ team members
- Be able to work under pressure against tight deadlines
- Experience in processing end to end Payrolls
- A proven track record in a payroll post in a large, complex organisation
- A detailed knowledge of payroll systems, taxation and national insurance rules
- Experience of using spreadsheets at an intermediate to advanced level
- Ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of people both internally and externally to the business
To find out more please send your cv to Linda Currie.
Pertemps acts as both an employment business and an employment agency.