Transparent is actively supporting one of our Colchester based clients in the recruitment of a Temporary, or Temporary-Permanent, Finance Assistant with a direct reporting line into the Group Finance Director.
This role would suit someone with around a year's experience within a transactional accounting role such as Purchase Ledger, Sales Ledger, or Accounts Assistant, and it does come with a Study Support package for those who are actively working towards the AAT qualification.
Working within an exciting and diverse business with an entrepreneurial vibe and a high-growth strategy, this role will encompass duties such as:
- Raising manual invoices and credit notes, and producing sales invoices raised against quotations
- Issuing of customer statements and agreeing intercompany balances with the group companies (debtors and creditors)
- Ensuring month end and year end tasks are completed within set deadlines
- Producing month end sales reports
- Processing purchase invoices and dealing with queries as they arise
- Daily and weekly timesheets, accurately checking for discrepancies
Your background should include experience of sales ledger and purchase ledger, and it would be useful to have some knowledge of double entry bookkeeping. Advanced Excel skills are essential, and some knowledge around payroll and credit control would be advantageous. Previous use of Sage accounting systems is essential.
This role represents an ideal next step for candidates who are focused on developing their accounting career alongside studies towards the AAT qualification. Alternatively, if you do not wish to study yet have gained the relevant experience above, our client would still welcome your application.
If this role sounds of interest to you and you are IMMEDIATELY AVAILABLE, please send your CV through to Samantha Harris.