Reed are working with a local authority in Trafford to find two Information Governance Officers for a 12-month fixed term contract.
The successful candidates will be responsible for work across a wide are of information governance, including: Data incidents, Subject Access Requests, FOI, policy writing and advising on all aspects of Data Protection, Confidentiality and Information Security in order to support compliance with legislation and best practice.
The post holders will be confident to take the lead in providing expert advice; promoting data protection and freedom of information compliance and best practice; and maintaining standards and procedures across the organisation.
Reporting to the Governance Manager, you will be joining a friendly, motivated and change focused information Governance team, with a focus on driving and delivering improvements across the service.
You will have:
• Excellent analytical skills and the ability to use initiative, problem solve and make decisions
• Strong attention to detail, able to review very large volumes of information carefully and redact accurately prior to disclosure in accordance with data protection legislation
• Proficient in the production and presentation of high quality reports and information using to a range of audiences
• Ability to organise own workload with minimal supervision
• Effective communication skills with the ability to share ideas and information, using clear language, presenting technical information in a meaningful way to a wide variety of people at all levels.
• Ability to prioritise and work to deadlines
• Ability to make and transmit decisions in a structured and systematic way and encourage widespread input and ownership