A Design Engineer with experience of Solidworks & Revit within an M&E environment is sought to take on a Design Management role for a company in the Newmarket area
Working on Industrial M&E projects you will have the following responsibilities: -
- Review of Tender Documentation (At RFQ stage and Project initiation Stage) to extract relevant design information and scope out full design brief
- Management of all work allocation to a small team of Design Engineers
- 2D Design of Complex Projects (Design Lead - actual work can be covered elsewhere in the department)
- Site Surveys & Client Design Meetings (Onsite & Teams) to progress designs
- Review & Design Approval of all drawings and documents released by the department
- 3D Modelling of modules especially technically difficult areas that need clear and careful spatial planning, like congested void spaces with utility runs
- 3D Modelling of Manufactured Modules:
- 3D Modelling Renders & Animations for Marketing Purposes
- Documentation Production/Management: Functional Design Specification, Master Room Specification, Technical Files
- Working with suppliers to incorporate their drawings into our design in a timely manner
- Review and Approval of O&M manuals and As Built drawings for final issue
You will need good working experience of Solidworks, Revit, AutoCad, & Excel and ideally have a Degree in M&E Engineering of some discipline or Civils or Design. Experience of 3D Design and 2D drawings is essential with any QS / Contract Management experience, functional design specifications and an understanding of RIBA stages of design.
This is an exciting opportunity to develop your career in a growing engineering company. Please call Adam Jones at Major Recruitment or click Apply Now to send your CV if you are interested.