Clipper Logistics is one of the leading retail fulfilment businesses in the UK, with ability and agility at our core, our cutting edge operations allows us to provide world class customer service to customers such as John Lewis, River Island, Marks & Spencer and PrettyLittleThing.com,
We have an excellent opportunity, for an experienced Facilities Manager to join our Peterborough site, this will be working on a logistics site, with some of the UK's best know retailers What is the purpose of the role?
To maintain and improve our excellent safety performance by providing professional Facilities Management and advice to site management which ensures legal compliance, improves our safety standards and ensures Clipper is recognised as a responsible employer.
To support sites in the cost-effective delivery of all hard/soft facilities services, with least disruption to site activities.In this role you are responsible for -
- Overall accountability for all Facilities functions including statutory compliance, planned and reactive maintenance, service delivery and forward maintenance plans.
Required skills, knowledge and experience
- To control systems for the issuing and control of permits to work on site for all contractors
- To react and take steps to ensure that any damage as a result from any accident or damages to racking or equipment is rectified to reduce lost time or operational efficiency of the site.
- Ensure that equipment is inspected and serviced in line with legislation.
- Identify opportunities for continuous environmental improvement.
- Promote and coordinate environmental management and sustainability where practicable.
- To promote good health, safety and environmental practices throughout the site
- Manage and maintain the sites COSHH database, ensuring COSHH data sheets are available and that effective Risk Assessment is in place.
- To prepare and assist with Health and Safety inspections and Audits.
- Provision of monthly reports to the Senior Management team detailing statutory compliance and remedial works status, accident statistics & trends, current business risks and mitigation
- To liaise with the Finance Manager to ensure an understanding of the sites budget for repairs.
- The job holder will be responsible for the site's facilities team, cleaning team and the day to day supervision of site security.
- Ability to produce Monthly KPI Reports
- Ability to create a positive and safe environment for the site.
- Work as part of the site leadership team
- Sound knowledge of H&S legislation, policies and procedures.
- A good understanding & knowledge of M&E systems/installations with an understanding of the operation of HVAC, electrical distribution and generation, UPS, data centre, fire detection/protection and other engineering systems including Building management and Energy management systems.
- A good knowledge of building construction and project management techniques.
- A minimum of five years direct Facilities management related experience.
- A minimum of 5 years' people Management/Supervisory experience.