My clients who are a leading multi-national business are currently recruiting for a Strategic Procurement Manager / Strategic Sourcing Manager based in Farnborough on a fulltime permanent contract (with lots of flexibility around hybrid working).
The Strategic Procurement Manager will be accountable for Make vs Buy strategy to support Business Development and Revenue growth strategy for their assigned areas. Strategic sourcing of new technology, goods and/or services, managing critical and complex New Product Development phases and timely delivery of procurement sourcing projects.
Role - Strategic Procurement Manager / Strategic Sourcing Manager - Manufacturing
Location - Farnborough (hybrid working)
Type - Permanent
Salary - £50,000 - £65,000 (DOE) + benefits
Key responsibilities of the Strategic Procurement Manager - Manufacturing role and not be limited to:
- Develop strong relationships with leaders and key decision-makers in order to influence behaviours and ensure appropriate involvement of all sourcing activities
- Maintain awareness of the restrictions, controls and accreditations that are placed upon suppliers working in a regulated environment, ensuring at all times that both sourcing strategies and the incumbent supplier base do not jeopardise or threaten internal compliance
- Collaborate with the Category Procurement Team to identify opportunities to utilise extant supplier relationships and frameworks that leverage Group scale. Conversely, the Strategic Procurement Manager will be responsible for identifying repeat requirements from the projects pipeline and placing demands on the Category Procurement Team to deliver suitable, long-term contracting mechanisms
- Ensure compliance with process, governance and controls as agreed in the Group Supply Chain & Procurement Code of Practice and Sourcing methodology
- Collaboratively develop plans with key stakeholders to ensure alignment of targets, improve supplier performance, and implement continuous improvement plans across spend.
- Collaborate with adjacent Leads to develop and enhance systems, process, and best practice sharing to help achieve best in class performance, and bring consistency to sourcing activities
- Develop robust workload planning tools and trackers that shape the team's priorities and track actual against planned progress. This should be driven from the business pipeline of projects
- Develop less experienced team members through the provision of direct and actionable feedback, and creation of meaningful development plans
Key skills and experience required for Strategic Procurement Manager - Manufacturing role and not limited to:
- Proven experience in developing strategic sourcing strategies
- Solid understanding of advanced manufacturing processes, techniques, and associated supply chains
- Influencing, creating, and executing strategic Make Vs. Buy decisions
- Highly customer focused and concerned with meeting and exceeding customer expectations.
- Highly results oriented. Keeps the organization on track and delivery oriented.
- Able to work autonomously in a complex environment
- Adaptive and change focused; able to adapt pace of delivery to meet business requirements.
- Ability to manage and support others through the bidding process
To apply for this Strategic Procurement Manager / Procurement Manager / Strategic Sourcing Manager / Sourcing Manager / Strategic Purchasing Manager / Purchasing Manager, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.