Reed Accountancy & Finance are delighted to be working with a Belfast based charity and are recruiting for a Finance Officer to join their team on a temporary basis, full time 37.5 hours per week.
This is a temporary position offering the opportunity to become more permanent.
Reporting to the Head of Finance and working as part of a team of three within accounts, the Finance Officer will assist with payroll, bank reconciliations and cash management.
More specific duties will involve:
• To maintain financial information and systems and assist in the preparation of management accounts and budgets
• To be the lead Finance Officer responsible for the preparation of monthly payroll/pensions and to respond to any enquiries in relation to this
• To ensure that any legal or HMRC changes in statutory rates are adhered to
• To ensure that all orders are authorised and assigned to correct budget category and department apportionment
• To ensure that all invoices are processed for payment by due dates
• To manage accounts payable and accounts receivable
• To assist the Head of Finance & Corporate Services in preparing the monthly accounts and annual statutory financial accounts
• To ensure timely counting, budget coding and lodgement of all monies
• To ensure that all petty cash procedures and records are maintained
• To ensure timely and accurate entry of all financial information posted onto the system
• To be the lead in ensuring that bank accounts are reconciled, accruals and prepayments are calculated monthly and shop and café receipts reconciled
Applicants should have a professional AAT / IATI qualification OR 5 years accounts experience in a finance role. Candidates will have experience working with Sage 200 software, computerised payroll software and MS Excel, and will ideally have previous experience working in a charitable organisation.
Please get in touch with Lizzy Lyons as soon as possible on and email an up to date cv to