Summary of the role
You will serve as a core source of information for the wider agency and for your clients, driving deep integration before all other client teams within the agency. Alongside this you'll have a keen sense of commercial awareness, helping identify revenue opportunities both within digital performance and broader opportunities from OMD's wider additional services.
Critical skills, attitudes & requirements
These are the skills and attitudes that you will need to develop in order to fulfil your role, we have separated them into areas specific to your role. We have also given you some examples, where relevant, of what tangible application of the skills looks like (not an exhaustive list!):
a) Specific skills related to this role
This role requires an excellent strategic understanding of the digital performance ecosystem, with deeper knowledge of paid search and paid social
• Expert in core channel - Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat
• Strategic level understanding of all digital performance channels
• Leadership & team management
• Innovative thinking
• Team organisation and attention to detail
• Commercial understanding and grasp of broader OMD additional services
• Cross channel integration experience
b) Knowledge& Expertise
• Best in class digital performance strategist across social channels, understanding the relationship between different channels and attributed analysis to support this
• Be up to date on your core client verticals, developing an opinion on major industry developments within digital media and more broadly in relation to that vertical
c) Team Management
• Direct line management for AM's in pod; ID process, regular 1-2-1's
• Oversee development of team and ensure line management is ran in a just, timely and effective way
• Effectively allocate resource across pod clients, looking to drive efficiency where possible and working with senior performance team to overcome resourcing challenges
• Overall responsibility for accurate and timely finance process, and ensuring all fees are accurately reflective of client contracts
d) Brilliant Client Strategy & Innovation
• Responsibility for clients digital performance strategy & overall delivery of client KPIs and business objectives
• Drive innovation within client pods; actively seeking media first betas & continually testing new strategies to drive improved performance
• Identify case study opportunities within clients and build out into award entries
• Build and maintain relationships with other OMD teams, driving integrated work and delivering insights outside of the performance team
• Work closely with the Digital Operations team, aligning on client roadmaps and looking to identify tech opportunities that can help drive improved performance
• Behave in a way that inspires your team to innovate and go the extra mile, whilst maintaining more during challenging times
• Lead client relationships, acting as first point of escalation
• Cross-pollinate innovation and process from other teams through close collusion with other AD's
• Lead on designated lower tier publisher or third party (tech, outsourcing)
• Raise your profile internally by demonstrating expertise as well as that of the performance team as a whole
g) Business Development
• Maintain a top line understanding of additional services at OMD in order to identify leads and other commercial opportunities through your work with clients
OMD UK's agency values
• COLLABORATION - We believe that we are at our best when we work together, powerfully applying our unique blend of perspectives and expertise to every challenge
• CURIOSITY - We love asking questions, forever on a mission to discover new ways of looking at the world and new ways of doing things.
• CARE - We commit 100% - to each other and to the work, because that level of care makes for a happy agency and loyal clients.
• CHALLENGE - We actively encourage you to have an opinion and challenge clients and colleagues respectively to get to better outcomes
Why work at OMD UK?
• Excellent employee benefits including private healthcare, discounted gym membership, pension, life insurance, 27 days holiday a year, season ticket loan and regular mental health initiatives - including our very own Head Space room with mental health first aiders
• Private medical insurance and pension scheme options
• 4pm finish on Friday
• Fast-paced and fun office environment
• A supportive, diverse company with a brilliant culture
• Free breakfast and fruit daily (Subject to return to Offices)
• Flexible working hours
• A focus on personal development - CPD Gold Certified
At OMG, UK we have an underlying belief that our agencies and specialist services should reflect the society in which we live. Be that Age, Disability, Education, Ethnicity, Gender, Gender identity, National Origin, Religion or Sexual Orientation.
Simply, we believe that Inclusion and Diversity makes for a more stimulating and inspiring working environment, where people are treated with respect and can be comfortable being themselves. Embracing these different approaches and thinking helps deliver tangible and positive results for us and our clients' businesses.
At OMG, UK we take Inclusion seriously and provide adjustments for individuals throughout the recruitment process, so you can be at your best. Please discuss any specific adjustments with your Talent Acquisition team member or if you would feel more comfortable, please reach out to email@example.com and let us know (confidentially) how we can be of help.