Finance Administrator - St Asaph, North Wales - £20,000
Our client is a well-established company specialising in the manufacture of optical components and assemblies for the civil and military market. Many of their customers are leaders in their fields and based throughout the world. This position will be based in St Asaph, North Wales, a convenient City between Liverpool/Chester and the mountains of North Wales.
The successful Finance Administrator will have experience of processing purchase and sales invoices, including matching to core operational documents, managing payment of suppliers, undertaking bank and credit control duties and contributing to sales and operational administration.
Our Finance Administrator's duties and responsibilities would include:
* Inputting documents onto the ledgers - sales, purchase invoices, cash receipts/payments and nominal transactions.
* Ensure checks on transactions have been made e.g. authorisation of purchase invoices / agreeing to purchase order and delivery documentation.
* Bank reconciliations across multi-currency accounts and invoice discounting
* Raising sales invoices to customers based on operational documents and other sales administrative work.
* Allocating receipts and payments to customers / suppliers to invoices on the ledger. Credit control - chasing cash from customers and resolving any queries.
* Liaising with operations staff re supplier issues, resolving queries and mitigating risk to the business.
* Other assistance to the Finance Manager and the close-knit wider business team.
Our ideal Finance Administrator will have:
* At least 2 years' experience of working within a ledger role using a small / medium company system e.g. QuickBooks, Sage, Xero.
* Ability to rapidly improve this area including working on own initiative with a "can do" and helpful / positive attitude.
* A resilient, determined personality - plenty of challenges to overcome internally and externally!
* The ability to cope with change - in systems and processes.
* Ability to communicate and interact effectively across the internal team, international customers and the supplier base.
* Attention to detail and a high degree of numeracy.
* Knowledge and experience of Excel & other standard software.
* Capability to provide accurate and timely information and data.
This is a full time although part time may be considered.
Salary : £18,000 -£20,000 Dependant on experience