As the UK's leading developer and manager of retirement communities, we have more than 40 years experience of providing high-quality homes to exacting specifications. We've created over 58,000 age-exclusive retirement properties - apartments, bungalows, coach houses, and cottages - in more than 1,300 developments across the UK.
At McCarthy Stone, we believe that retirement living involves much more than simply deciding to move into a new home that's better suited to our customers' needs. It's also an opportunity for them to embrace a new way of life, to have the freedom to live a lifestyle with more choices and more time to do the things they enjoy.
About the Role
Reporting to the Corporate Finance Associate Director, you will support these numerous workstreams under the guidance of the Corporate Finance Associate Director and Strategy and Corporate Finance Director.
* Understand, present and articulate the crucial role Corporate Finance will play in the numerous workstreams.
* Work autonomously and within cross functional teams to deliver the differing strategies.
* Support the Company culture and values and the delivery of high levels of business performance and customer satisfaction.
* Financially model the impacts of the strategies and articulate the key areas of focus, sensitives, opportunities and risk.
* Work collaboratively with wider areas of group finance to understand impacts upon Tax, Accounting Treatment and covenant restrictions.
* Support the numerous work streams to ensure accurate forecast of project spend, tracking and accounting.
* Ensure the project plans are updated and escalating work streams at risk of delay.
* Assist with the creation of project update materials to steering committees, and the project governance team.
* Qualified Accountant CIMA/ACCA or equivalent
* Degree educated (preferred but not essential)
* A good understanding of Corporate Finance is essential
* Numerically strong with a good attention to detail
* A self-starter able to work under pressure to deadlines, balance priorities correctly and set expectations accordingly
* 2-3 years post qualified
* Advanced Excel preferably Project Finance modelling experience
* Thinkcell proficient (preferred but not essential)
* Proficient PowerPoint user
* Confident communicator at all levels of an organisation.
* Competitive salary bonus
* Company car / car allowance
* Generous holiday entitlement, pension scheme and life assurance.
* Excellent management development and leadership training.
Our purpose at McCarthy Stone is to champion the role, wellbeing and happiness of older people in society. We aim to create a better understanding and appreciation of older people and play our part in helping them to live happy and healthy lives. To support our purpose we require all of our front-line colleagues and those in care and support to be fully vaccinated in line with the government policy on care homes. If you are applying for one of our front-line roles please be prepared to provide evidence of your vaccination status on successful application