giffgaff is a little different to your `normal` telecoms company. It`s a mobile business owned by Telefonica, but run by its members. Sounds interesting? It is.
giffgaff is a fast growing mobile network. Our business model is unique - we take a highly collaborative approach with our members who help (and are rewarded for helping) across all areas of the business. Our vibrant online community, online platform and immense value proposition are key to our success. We do not have a retail footprint or expensive call centres, so we can pass these savings straight on to our members in a way that no other telecoms business does.
As a lean organisation, our team is built of people who are multi-skilled, highly motivated and flexible - if that sounds you like you we`d love to hear from you.
Reporting to giffgaff's Financial Controller, you will be the Finance Manager of a company undergoing significant growth. This is a business-critical role covering workstreams that touch upon the full business P&L, including financial reporting and accounting, partnering business delivery owners, internal control, working with suppliers and line management of two Finance Analysts. Key deliverables will include:
- Responsible for delivery of financial reporting and management reporting
- Leading the month-end cycle culminating in the WD+4 presentation/call to Group (VMO2)
- Submissions into Financial Planning / Group re monthly outlooks as well as quarterly budgeting and forecasting - clear and succinct understanding of all P&L lines
- Ensuring accounting continues to be in line with Telefonica policy, ensuring revenue recognition follows UKGAAP and IFRS, and VAT is reported accurately
- Pro-actively look for ways to stretch the P&L through cost control and working with Finance and Procurement
- Oversee the business partnering to functional costs budget owners (Marketing, Commercial Partnerships, Member Service, Handsets), including approval of business expenditure
- Monthly review of balance sheet reconciliations and controls, conducting investigations and controls improvements
- Manage the Payment Practices Reporting process
- Line management responsibility for two Finance Analysts responsible for overheads, month-end, spend reporting, partnering business stakeholders, and recharges
- Ad hoc projects and analysis
- Deputising for the Financial Controller as required
- Qualified accountant with proven post-qualified experience (CIMA, ACCA, ACA or equivalent)
- Line management experience, with the ability to coach and train direct reports
- Experience of working in a regulated environment and managing growth in a controlled way
- Experience in budgeting and cost control
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills required
- Ability to build, influence and manage relationships at all levels
- Track record of developing processes and quality of financial information to improve decision making and governance
- SQL experience
- Inquisitive nature who is able to challenge the status quo and provide innovative solutions
- Passion for the role: exhibit enthusiasm and a can-do attitude about work and deliverables
Closing date: 3rd December 2021We'll be sending you emails about the status of your application. To make sure you receive these, please add @O2.com and @telefonica.com to your Safe Senders list.
We're looking to pay a great compensation package (depending on experience) for this position. We also offer plenty of extras to sweeten the deal, which could include things like bonuses, life assurance cover, health care and lots of flexible benefits.
Also, every employee has their personal development supported with a LinkedIn learning account; plus other role specific learning available through our award-winning digital learning platform - O2 Campus.
We also believe a great work-life balance is important, so we're open to considering candidates who are looking for flexible working arrangements. Like to know more, feel free to raise it.
Join us and we'll encourage you to be bold every day. So take a deep breath, your career is about to go to exciting new places.
If you have any questions around the role then please email ResourceTUK@o2.com who will be happy to help.