Title : International Tax Manager
Duration : 3 to 6 months
Location : UK, virtual location (preferred near London)
Start Date : Asap
Job Description :
Assisting the Director Int'l Taxes primarily manage integration of Egencia - put international tax compliance programme in place, work on ad hoc international tax issues
A vacancy has arisen for an International Tax Manager, based in the UK, to join GBT Tax, offering the successful candidate the chance to be part of and contribute to an ambitious, dynamic and influential corporate function.
This role would be well-suited to someone who is qualified as an accountant, who has a good working knowledge of corporate tax (e.g. UK corporation tax). We are not expecting a person with a technical tax background.
Client GBT ("GBT") Tax comprises a team of c.10 tax professionals, currently located in the UK and North America, whose responsibility is to manage GBT's global tax affairs, comprising tax compliance, planning and advice to the business. This is a role that will offer you the opportunity to develop your knowledge of international tax regimes and cross border tax issues, interaction of taxes and unrivalled exposure to a truly international company that is focused on delivering its strategy for growth both organically and through acquisition.
You will work alongside the Director - International Tax (London based) and other members of GBT Tax, as well as interacting with GBT colleagues at all levels across the organization and external advisers around the world.
• Tax treaty analysis, including assessment of exposure to withholding taxes and PEs
• Assisting with tax audits
• Local tax planning, including tax groupings, loss planning
• Ad hoc research work/projects
• Manage international tax compliance in conjunction with external advisers
• Assist with BEPS analysis
• Assist with M&A
• Have a minimum of 4-6 year's corporate income tax experience, preferably with some international aspects, gained either in practice and/or in-house
• ACA and/or CTA qualified
• Thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
• Self-starter and able to work with minimal guidance
• Team player with strong interpersonal skills
• Strong analytical skills and challenging mind, prepared to ask "why" rather than "what"
• Ambitious to succeed and strong drive to push tasks through to completion
• Good organizational skills and able to work to tight deadlines
• Solid modelling skills