Job Title: Marketing Manager
Salary: £28,000 - £32,000 | dependent on experience per annum
Reports to: CEO
Role: Full time, permanentPurpose:
To play an active role as part of the senior leadership team in leading and developing the growth and development of marketing, brand, digital engagement and communicationsKey Responsibilities:Communications & Marketing
Box Office & Sales:
- To work with the CEO, Event Managers and PR on marketing initiatives to help promote, strengthen and protect the HIF brand and breadth of work to develop new audiences.
- Work closely with the Event Managers to develop HIFs wider communications plan and schedules to meet strategic and audience development targets.
- To oversee and deliver a creative comms strategy across the organisation to ensure effective messaging, including print and digital including the writing of engaging copy
- To work to continuously develop and refine the organisational case for support across all communications channels and are championed across the organisation.
- To oversee, develop and maintain press contacts across the Festival, to develop HIFs opportunities and relationships with the media and to oversee internal responses to press enquiries.
- To ensure cohesive internal and external messaging including newsletters and Annual Report
- Work with design and print partners where appropriate
- Accountability for overseeing and managing the marketing budgets to ensure income targets are met and costs are controlled
Evaluation & Research
- Oversee the maintenance and management of data held on the Festivals Booking and CRM. system using this strategically to effectively communicate with our patrons.
- Develop training and support for the team to become adept at working all aspects of Spektrix
- Ensure all marketing campaigns are efficient and focussed on maximising income and achieving key communications objectives
- Ensure high quality of ticketing and sales information to improve the customer experience
- Devise and oversee a lively and comprehensive social media strategy for the Festival to extend digital reach, develop followers and build digital communications with audiences.
- Review and develop the website ensuring that it is a dynamic and high-functioning communications platform.
- Working with colleagues, develop a year-round narrative and content plan covering the website and social channels, creating and implementing social media and email marketing campaigns, announcements and newsletters.
- To lead on the Spektrix Contract and understand the use of Spektrix
- Use data analysis techniques to ensure the delivery of customer communications are targeted to be as effective as possible in yielding engagement, loyalty and return on investment.
- Review audience, sales, and marketing data, and work collaboratively with colleagues to ensure that all projects and initiatives are positioned for success.
- Undertake regular segmentation and audience profiling to inform the communications strategy and targeting of specific audiences and participants
- Provide intel and reports, including the gathering of statistics to support the work of HIF around marketing reach and audience development/participation
- Oversee a schedule of audience research and analysis of data from multiple sources, delivering strategic insights to develop a Festival wide audience development plan
- To lead on and implement any changes to policy and working practices relevant to the Data area including GDPR and PECR.
- Attending regular evening and occasional weekend events which form part of HIFs fundraising and cultivation efforts.
- To contribute to the leadership and share responsibility for the well-being and management of the organisation.
- To attend external meetings representing the HIF where appropriate including across the region and the UK.
- To support and assist in co-ordination of all HIF events across the year-round portfolio.
- To share responsibility for the well-being and management of the organisation
- Any other duties as required by the Chief Executive.