Are you an ambitious NPD Strategic Projects Manager / New Product Development Manager / Head of NPD? This opportunity offers a clear career path upwards. You will be working for a world-class manufacturer of some of the very best consumer goods on the market today
BASIC SALARY: £80,000 - £90,000 (negotiable depending on experience or potential)
· Annual Bonus
· Hybrid Working
· 25 days Annual Holiday
· Company Pension
· Life Assurance
LOCATION: Birmingham - this is a hybrid role (home / office).
COMMUTABLE LOCATIONS: Manchester, Rugby, Burton Upon Trent, Coventry, Leeds, Bristol, Wakefield, York, Harrogate, Gloucester, Bristol, Cheltenham, Bath (Relocation Assistance Available if necessary)
JOB DESCRIPTION: NPD Strategic Projects Manager, Department Head Designate, New Product Development Manager, Head of NPD : Consumer Good Manufacturer / Domestic Appliances / Consumer Electronics
We are looking for someone to assist the Director in the day to day running of NPD projects, as well as being a senior member of the NPD team.
You will be accountable for key initiatives that will contribute towards improving departmental output and ways of working. You will assist the Director in defining the strategy of how products are developed and co-ordinate activities with other functions globally. You will also help shape the commercial strategy by working with Product Marketing and help inform strategic decisions.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES: NPD Strategic Projects Manager, Department Head Designate, New Product Development Manager, Head of NPD : Consumer Good Manufacturer / Domestic Appliances / Consumer Electronics
The NPD Strategic Projects Manager role will include the following tasks:
· Leadership of a direct team, who co-ordinate all New Product Development projects
· Working closely with Design and Product Engineering to co-ordinate resources
· Assist NPD Director in review of product requirements with marketing and other commercial functions to confirm project scope and specifications, so have a good understand of technical complexity and relative trade-offs associated with time, quality and cost
· Maintenance and constant review of NPD processes
· Global co-ordinating activities and interaction with other countries and divisions
PERSON SPECIFICATION: NPD Strategic Projects Manager, Department Head Designate, New Product Development Manager, Head of NPD : Consumer Good Manufacturer / Domestic Appliances / Consumer Electronics
You will have the following characteristics and experiences:
· Graduate in a relevant Mechanical, Product or Industrial design discipline
· Tangible product development experience at a senior level
· Management experience of product development teams
· Experience of developing market-leading consumer goods
· Understanding of design for manufacture
· Experience of developing products for UKCA, CE, GS and UL Regulatory Approval
· Experience of developing products for global use in different regions
· Management of projects with in-house and outsource manufacturing
· Understanding of CAD systems and infrastructure / systems required to support
· Experience of navigating IP both for seeking patent protection, and mitigating risk
We are a manufacturer of high-quality consumer goods, recognised as being among the very best in their market.We are an internationally renowned enterprise with a long heritage of quality in innovation leadership. Our customer-led R&D is constantly driving forward, creating new world-class consumer products. We have achieved market leadership status repeatedly over several decades. We have a wide and diverse portfolio of products, ranging from simple accessories to technically complicated products. WE are proud of a nimble and non-bureaucratic culture, which encourages fast speed to market
For the right candidate, we can promote sooner rather than later.
It is highly likely you will have worked in any of the following roles and/or markets, and worked with the following products and/or services: NPD Strategic Projects Manager, New Product Development Manager, Head of NPD - Home Appliance, White Goods, Brown Goods, Household Appliances, Consumer Goods, Consumer Electronics, Kitchen Appliance, Domestic Appliance, Electrical Appliance
INTERESTED? Please click apply. You will receive an acknowledgment of your application.
Please Note: Wallace Hind Selection have been chosen as the retained recruitment partner of our client and therefore any direct applications to our client from candidates or agencies will be forwarded on to us direct.
REF: JK16608, Wallace Hind Selection