MECHANICAL SERVICES MANAGER - COMPETETIVE PACKAGE, NEGOTIABLE DEPENDING ON EXPERIENCE
JS Recruitment are working in partnership with a growing engineering business who have a strong reputation for quality, service, and delivery. They now require a Mechanical Services Manager to lead the Mechanical Services department and an established team of engineers whilst developing and maintaining strong relationships with their customers.
On offer is a competitive salary plus benefits including company car, laptop, mobile phone, pension scheme and 25 days holiday plus statutory bank holidays.
Full accountability for the P&L of the department.
· Responsible for delivering projects in line with H&S and statutory requirements.
· Ensure compliance with the company's quality and environmental policies.
· Identify and generate project work opportunities from within a portfolio of maintenance contracts and established relationships.
· Work with designers and sub-contractors to define and document scope(s) of work(s).
· Develop and understand the full scope of works in line with the desired project business case and in turn outcome (within agreed budget requirements and required profit margin)
· Manage, run and draw up tenders on behalf of the customer as required.
· Identify, reduce and manage all statutory and commercial risks associated with the project
· Ensure full compliance with internal policies and procedures.
· Manage the day-to-day operational aspects of the project(s). Activities to include but not be limited to estimating, business development, surveying, sub-contractor management and site manager duties.
· Agree payment schedules and applications for payment
· Provide monthly reports to the business.
- Experience in a similar role
- Proven mechanical engineering background
- Ability to read and interpret technical drawings and associated documentation.
- Previous experience of working to H&S regulations and policy.
Skills & Behaviours
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to multitask and embrace challenges.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Willing to undertake role specific training and personal development.
- Willing to travel nationally with occasional overnight stays.
JS Recruitment UK Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers. As soon as a decision has been reached, we will contact shortlisted applicants. If you are shortlisted, JS Recruitment UK Ltd will collect your personal data (which may include sensitive personal data). JS Recruitment UK Ltd will process your personal data for the purposes of providing you with work-finding services and/or information relating to roles relevant to you. We will only use your personal data in accordance with the terms included in the privacy notice which can be viewed on our website.
Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to notify unsuccessful applicants.
JS Recruitment is committed to promoting equality of opportunity for all. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.