Start Date: January 2022
Pay: £25 per hour
Do you want to have a positive impact on children's education following the disruption of the last 18 months? Cornwallis Academy is seeking to employ an English tutor who is ready to work with our students this academic year and support us in our efforts to recover lost learning time.
We believe that quality education for our young people at Cornwallis is essential, and more than ever, children need opportunities to grow and develop in confidence. At Cornwallis, our goal is to nurture our students into young fearless learners, and provide an intervention, which not only influences them academically, but also develops a love for learning.
How will you make this impact at Cornwallis Academy?
- You'll teach English to groups of up to 6 children from years 7-11, tailoring your approach and supporting consistent progress.
- You'll inspire our students, build strong relationships and nurture each student you work with to become a fearless learner.
- You'll demonstrate progress consistently, and enable children to recognise progress towards their goals.
- You'll support teachers and families in helping the student achieve their full potential.
What will you get out of it?
- You'll develop your communication, time management and teaching skills by adapting your approach to each group of students, identifying new ways to inspire and support them as they develop in their learning.
- You'll be supported by a successful team of English teachers onsite.
- You'll have access to resources and an on-site library to support with your teaching.
Only applications submitted by the school application process will be considered, we are unable to accept CVs.
All posts are subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure. Future Schools Trust is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people. All members of staff are expected to share and adhere to this commitment.
Closing Date: 10/12/2021 at 12:00
Information about the trust
Future Schools Trust is a visionary organisation comprised of two secondary academies, a sixth form, primary school and a nursery school. Occupying state-of-the-art facilities our objective is to secure the very best educational opportunities for the young people we serve. We pride ourselves in being innovative in changing the face of education. If you are an ambitious, motivated and enthusiastic team player, we want to hear from you.
Future Schools Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Safer recruitment practice and pre-employment checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed. Appointment is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check for regulated activity.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all our students. You are advised that this post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (Amendment) (England and Wales) Order 2020 and therefore this post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure Application to the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).