We are acting as a CV screen for this role. Once your CV has been screened you will be sent a link to apply.
The post-holder will work with the Senior Service Manager to ensure the protection of women and children's rights. She will represent Advance in partnership meetings and deputise for the Senior Service Manager as required. She will work closely with partners such as the Police and Social Care teams to improve services for survivors of Domestic Abuse.
She will have responsibility for supporting and line-managing, including performance management, domestic violence frontline workers to provide a high-quality front-line service to women experiencing violence against women and girls while ensuring that Advance's values, policies and procedures are embedded into service delivery.
The post-holder will also take the lead in day-to-day crisis situations and provide day to day advice and guidance on casework, safeguarding and information sharing concerns. The Manager will oversee and improve the duty system while also overseeing rota systems including ensuring there is regular attendance at the MARAC and specialist court.
In short, you will have:
• A thorough understanding of violence against women and girls with a particular focus on domestic violence (physical, emotional and sexual violence, so-called 'honour- based violence', forced marriage and FGM).
• An excellent understanding of the impact of domestic violence on children and young people, families and communities.
• Thorough knowledge of safeguarding practice, procedures and legislation.
• A good understanding of the operation of the criminal justice system, MARAC and public sector environment in which services operate.
• Significant experience of building and maintaining a strong and motivated team.
• Experience of delivering training and workshops in a multi-agency setting.
• A proven track record of building and maintaining networks and working with partner agencies and other stakeholders to develop and deliver services
What we offer:
• 30 days holiday plus public holidays, and a day off for International Women's Day
• Pension scheme
• Access to our Employee Assistance Programme
• Various forms of wellbeing support ranging from meditation to self-journaling
• Organisation wide away days
• The opportunity to work in a flexible, supportive environment with a team of committed, inspiring women and we will support you as you to continue to build your skills and experience and grow your career
Interviews will take place on 7th and 8th December 2021