Our client is a family owned business with offices based between Ipswich and Woodbridge and they are looking to recruit a Finance Manager to support the Chief Finance Officer with the day to day running of the finance function.
The business is thriving and has a fantastic culture within the small team. There is flexibility within the role and this could be suitable for either a full or part time (30 hours a week) applicant. Alongside technical ability it is essential that candidates have a collaborative approach, excellent team working skills and ideally previous experience of managing.
A varied and busy role with the role holder reporting directly to the CFO with one direct report. They will take responsibility for all aspects of day to day financial management and provide timely and accurate financial information. The key duties are as follows:
Skills and experience
- Regular overview of creditor, debtor and control accounts
- Prepare and post journals including accruals and prepayments
- Processing and/ or review of transactions and invoices through the finance system including intra-group and inter-organisation recharges
- Prepare bank payments
- Preparation and processing of VAT returns, including partial exemption
- Assist in the enhancement and preparation of periodic management accounts, forecasts, annual budgets, internal statutory accounts and tax packs.
- Assist with Treasury and investment reporting and monitoring
The following skills and experience are required:
- Proven experience in the above duties and the ability to prioritise and manage your own workload
- Minimum AAT qualified, ideally part/ fully qualified ACCA or CIMA or qualified by experience
- Strong Excel and data analysis skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Be approachable and able to build strong working relationships at all levels
- Experience of managing staff
We are looking to recruit this role in early January 2022, however we can discuss the role in detail now and there is the potential for a pre-Christmas interview for the right applicant.