Our client based in West Lothian, Livingston are looking to recruit a Financial Accountant.
You will support the continued growth. Within this role, you will be required to maintain internal finances, ranging from transactional duties, up to the production management accounts. You will also work closely with the Group Finance Director (based in China) to provide real-time information to support the organization's decisions and strategy. To be considered for this critical role, you must have a proven track record as a good all-round business accountant, preferably within a manufacturing company, and a desire to continuously improve the business in cost control and financial management.
Reporting directly to the site General Manager, key to success in this role shall be the ability to lead the organization in finance and cost control, identifying improvements and driving the implementation of appropriate solutions. You shall be expected to work with and guide colleagues to achieve your goals of managing the company budget to maximise revenue and drive cost savings. Working knowledge of financial accounting in a manufacturing operation is highly desirable, and an understanding of standard costing beneficial.
Some of the duties include but are not limited to:-
- Taking ownership and completion of the monthly management accounting pack to include profit and loss, balance sheet, statement of source and application of funding, with posting of journals, reconciliations of control accounts
- Monthly variance analysis, forecasting, budgeting, expense reporting, material & labour usage
- Define and drive improvement projects for the betterment of the financial processes in the business for efficiency, quality and cost gains
- Maintenance & setting up of standard costing for exciting and new products
- Prepare the monthly VAT returns and Intrastat submissions to the tax authorities and other external authorities
- Preparation of short & long term budgets and cashflows
Qualifications and Experience:-
- Recognised professional accounting qualification (CIMA/ICAS/ACCA)
- At least 3 years post qualified experience preferably working within a manufacturing environment
- Hands-on accounts experience and a good understanding of management accounting and financial reporting
- Strong drive to effect continuous improvement and derive satisfaction from the achievement
- Understand the disciplines of stock and inventory, fundamentals of manufacturing processes, BOM's & labour routings
- Good financial and analytical skills and a solid understanding of IT & financial systems especially in Excel and accounting software packages
- Knowledge of QAD ERP system desirable