An immediately available Financial Accountant is required to join a fast-paced organisation based in Liverpool on a six month contract basis.
- Prepare and post recurring and standard manual journals, including intercompany entries and topside FinanceCore journals.
- Prepare and post accruals and reclassification entries that do not require discussion or interaction with cost centre owners (e.g., utility journals, insurance expense, and payroll corrections, workers compensation & property taxes).
- Perform reconciliations, including from Clarity for CAPEX, IC/IG sales and COGS (Cost of Goods Sold) confirmations and reconciliations.
- Identify reconciliation issues between Clarity, SAP, BPC (Business Planning & Consolidation) (Business Planning & Consolidation) and FinanceCore and resolve any issues that are due to system/ transactional gaps. Including reaching out to business partners to help resolve any issues that require discussion.
- Process allocations (incl. R&D cost allocation), incl. payroll costs and WBS (Work Breakdown Structure) elements based of monthly timesheets, wages & salaries accounting, share-based calculations & reconciliation with HR (Human Resources) incl. superannuation & benefit queries, including monthly PTO (Paid Time Off) Journal Entries. Maintain and report on prepaid balance amounts.
- Support preparation of entity budgets and forecasts including Profit & Loss, Balance sheet and cashflow statement.
- Prepare and load data from the budgeting & planning tool to the consolidation system for all legal entities. Consolidate group level budget & forecast including balance sheet and cashflow.
- Analyse and report on variances between actuals, budget, and forecasts for balance sheets and cash flow.
- Prepare preliminary local statutory report (for major locations) including Trade Creditors reporting, including commentary for operating cashflow preparation and calculation and entry of statutory adjustments.
- Process manual settlements in SAP (outside of RPA process).
- Complete IFRS (International Financial Reporting Standards) adjustment calculations and share with Controlling & Reporting for review.
- Support for internal and external audit requests, including providing documentation of AP (Accounts Payable) invoices to auditors.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or related discipline; MBA or other advanced degree in related field or professional certification (ACA/ACCA/CPA/CMA) required.
- 6+ years' experience in accounting and finance. Experience in global scientific/pharmaceutical industry highly desirable.
- The ability to think through irregular issues
- Timely decision making and priority setting,
- Strong analytical thinking,
- Organizational agility
- Excellent attention to detail
- The position also requires the ability to build and maintain sound relationships and collaborate effectively with multiple levels and cross functionally with Finance Business Partners and various Finance Centres of Excellence.