Job Title: Breakfast & After School Club Childcare Activity Leader
Location: St Pauls C Of E Junior School, Oxford Rd, Wokingham RG41 2YJ
Working hours: 7.15 - 9.00 for Breakfast Club & 14:45 - 18.00 for After School Club Monday-Friday, during School Term Time.
Energy Kidz are seeking to expand our Delivery Team with the addition of Activity Leaders. Reporting to the Settings Manager, you will form part of the team responsible for the planning and delivering of activities in line with the Fit for Sport programme. Under the direction of the Settings Manager, you will be responsible for ensuring that the health and safety of children, clients and team is met at all times as well as maintaining both the site's and team's compliance with all policies and procedures.
What You Will Be Doing:
• Plan activities
• Deliver activities (can include, multi sports, games, arts & craft, downtime, structured play, etc.)
• Review & reflect on delivered activities
• Complete H & S documentation (Accident Forms, Incident Forms, etc.) where required
• Complete or input into completion of daily camp/extended planner
• Complete PE planning documentation (Year plan, U Plan & Z plan) when required
• Use resources on TeamTalk to assist with all planning
• Inspire children, young people and clients to develop and lead healthy active lifestyles
• Supervise children in line with policies & procedures
• Where sites have swimming, run activities from/in the swimming pool
• Follow behaviour management policy
• Give feedback to parents
• Complete or have input into completing H & S documentation (risk assessment, safety check, fire evacuation, opening/closing checklist, etc.)
• Ensure activities are age and ability appropriate and are using the equipment and space safely
• Ensure activity areas and walkways/access points are clear and safe for parents, staff &
• Ensure first aid is administered effectively (when appropriate qualification has been completed)
• Supervise children who require the toilet in line with policies & procedures
• Supervise children changing for swimming in line with policies & procedures
• Ensure your documentation is on site in line with compliance/OFSTED requirements
• Maintain knowledge of FFS policies & procedures and implement them where appropriate
• Supervise children while they are eating effectively and support children where required
• Prepare & serve food in line with standardised menu and policies & procedures
• Tidy away food and clean up (washing dishes, sweeping floor, wiping tables, etc.)
• Carry out promotional work or promote services to parents/children
Who are we looking for?
A naturally outgoing, enthusiastic, individual with exceptional interpersonal skills who is passionate about sharing the benefits of an active lifestyle. You will need to be able to communicate effectively with an approachable manner combined with the ability to prioritise your workload and possess exemplary attention to detail. Highly organised, you will possess a strong work ethic and a confidential nature, always maintaining an appropriate level of professionalism. You will possess the discipline to follow strict systems and processes but have the flexibility to adapt to changing priorities and workflows. You will understand and be able to demonstrate your qualities as a role model illustrating your ability to work effectively on your own and as part of a small team.
We are a fun team that value, respect and trust the input of our team members at all levels as we help set children on a journey to a healthy, active lifestyle.
• Highly Motivated. Passionate and Enthusiastic
• Role Model to others
• Professional, Reliable & Trustworthy
• Respects and Values Others
• Passionately promote a healthy lifestyle
• Adaptable / Flexible Attitude
• Ability to cope under pressure
• Strong interpersonal skills, confident, outgoing & fun