This Assistant Accountant role will be reporting directly into the Financial controller and take full ownership of the month end, management accounts and transactional processes. Through the calculation of variance reports and KPI's this role will support the growth and progression of the company and finance team.
My client are a Technology Company, based in the City of London, who are both a retailer and a consultancy. Their business produces security packages, as well as providing expert consultants to advise companies on their technological security. They are continuously growing and are requiring an experienced and progressive temporary Assistant Accountant to support the finance team.
As the Assistant Accountant your responsibilities will include:
· Prepare month end reports and support half year and annual reporting
· Perform variance analysis and produce reports
· Take full ownership of the management accounts including: accruals, prepayments, balance sheet reconciliations
· Calculate KPI information, such as utilisation and recoverability.
· Prepare and support with audit
· Preparation of budget forecasting
· Processing VAT returns
· Overseeing both the accounts payable and receivable processes
· Preparation of sales commission calculations
· Communicating regularly with external stakeholders: Payroll, Auditors, Bankers, Insurers.
· Ad hoc projects to support Financial Controller
· Review payroll data and payroll-related compliance.
· Help prepare calculations for R&D tax credits.
The successful Assistant Accountant will be:
ACCA/CIMA/ACA Part Qualified Finalist
Have experience in a similar role for 2+ years
Confident with KPI calculation
Strong excel skills: V-Lookups and Pivot Tables (essential)
Confident with all areas of management accounts
Excellent verbal and written communication
£20-£27 per hour
3 month temporary contract with potential to go permanent