Desktop Support Engineer
Our Government client based in London is looking for a Desktop Support Engineer
This role is required to ensure that there is adequate desktop support onsite to support the delivery of the Desktop Resilience Office 365/MS Teams projects and during the implementation and live production support phase.
The role will involve:
- Delivering all aspects of 1st Line and some 2nd Line Client Support - Call handling, troubleshooting, ownership and resolution of incidents, as well as fulfilling client service requests.
- Delivering 2nd Line Client Support - including desktop and laptop hardware provisioning, software installation, telephony and user networking support.
- Maintaining accurate asset and configuration records and support documentation.
- Supporting Change and Release processes.
- Liaising with the Infrastructure and Application Support Teams in problem resolution and making sure processes are followed correctly.
- Customer facing - liaising directly with business users at all levels
- Proactive identification of service improvements.
- To be cover for Business Delivery Management for Gilt Auctions and TBill Tenders.
- To connect and document processes and liaise closely with the Infrastructure team to take on additional roles.
Our client has a complex and challenging IT environment that includes a government secure network and hosts a range of investment banking type services (e.g. portfolio modelling tools, trading systems, market data systems).
The candidate will know and follow good practice methods and be able to navigate through the work quickly and effectively to tight timescales. Good communications skills, a pro-active "can-do" and flexible approach are also essential for this role.
- 2-5 years working in IT support service roles
- Lots of experience of providing an effective IT support service in a complex and time-critical customer focused business environment
- Must be able to write and follow operational service desk procedures and bridge knowledge with the Infrastructure Team
- Proven experience in recommending and implementing IT based support methods and processes within a customer service desk function.
- Taking the lead on how to document and support a Service Desk
- IT knowledge in the following areas - networking, storage and backup solutions, mobile device management, telephony systems and virtualisation
- Good customer relationship management skills
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/95729465