Information Compliance Officer: Immediate start - 10 month temporary assignment
Immediate start for 10 months
37hrs per week
Based in Eastleigh
To ensure that our client complies with its legal obligations in respect to the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) 2018, Data Protection Act (DPA) 2018 , Freedom of Information Act (FOI), and Environmental Information Regulations (EIR) 2004
- Ensure that the procedures and guidance notes regarding Data Protection, Freedom of Information, Environmental Information Regulations, GDPR and related legislation are up to date and compliant.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of current legislation, regulations, codes of practice and other advisory material regarding Data Protection, Freedom of Information, Environmental Information, GDPR and related legislative requirements. To interpret any changes that may have an effect / impact on current working practices to ensure client if fully compliant and to report these changes to the Information Compliance Manager.
- Maintain and administer an effective system to respond to Data Protection Subject access Requests (SARs), Freedom of Information (FOI) requests and Environmental Information Regulation (EIR) requests. Provide statistical reports on SARs, FOIs, and EIRs to management and identify trends and measures to be implemented to improve best practice.
- Provide data protection advice to staff; including advice relating to projects, data protection impact assessments, data sharing, privacy notices, fair processing and retention of personal data. This is to be done under the guidance of the Manager as required.
- Maintain guidance for staff around retention periods, data sharing and privacy impact assessments.
- Respond to FOIs, EIR, SARs, and complaint queries within the statutory timeframes, dealing with enquiries from internal and external stakeholders, including the press, public and members of staff.
- Maintain and administer an effective system to respond to complaints received by members of the public. Liaise with relevant client personnel to ensure complaints are investigated fully and a response given to the member of the public. Provide statistical reports on complaints to management and identify trends and measures to be implemented to control the risk of future complaints.
- Periodically review processes in place to ensure the Service complies with the DPA, FOI, EIR and GDPR (including associated protocols, contractual obligations and copyright), making recommendations for improvement where necessary.
- Design and develop initiatives that will actively promote and raise the awareness of DP, FOI, EIR, GDPR and other associated legislation and Codes of Practice within client.
- To assist with the creation of training packages in relation to DP, FOI, EIR, and complaints. Working with the Manager, support ad hoc training requirements to ensure an appropriate level of awareness within the organisation.
- Working with the Manager, investigate and review reported DP breaches; with guidance as required.
- Ensure processes are in place to maintain compliance with Open Data and Transparency agenda requirements.
Please be aware this advert will remain open until the vacancy has been filled. Interviews will take place throughout this period, therefore we encourage you to apply early to avoid disappointment.
- Attend and participate as necessary in internal risk management and security groups.
Tate is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.