Our client in the logistics industry is looking to recruit a data Analyst for their Project finance team. Currently there is no one single database providing information on vendors or contracts and very little monthly analysis is done to analyse trends, costs, utilisation, external market etc So they are looking to improve this process and to analyse the current cost base with a view to reconcile vendor tariff v's invoice to identify and recover overpayments to vendors.
Extensive data analysis and financial reconciliations on vendor invoices, to identify cost savings with action plans to recover cost from vendors
• Verification of invoice charges against supplier tariffs. Identifying and reviewing cost variances against tariffs and estimates
• Reconcile line level data to challenge suppliers where invoiced costs are greater than agreed tariff/rates
• Utilise procurement spend analytics data to interrogate the business process and associated line level data to identify trends and exceptions as cost savings
• Prepare and present analytical reports on key findings, recommendations, and actions to recover overpayments to vendors
• Identify process controls with actions for cost optimisation
• Good knowledge of MS Excel
• Analytical mind - evidenced by experience or qualification
• Detail oriented with excellent organizational, problem solving, communication, and professional interpersonal skills
• Ability to work effectively both independently and in a team environment
• Ability to communicate with colleagues and external people at all levels.
• To be a trustworthy, reliable, team player who can work under pressure and adhere to deadlines.
You will have experience from within a Finance/Billings related role in a manual context
Strong reconciliation skills and strong data analysis skills.
This role is a 6 months Fixed term contract working remotely and travelling into the office once a week.
Looking for candidates to start asap and their will be initial teams or zoom interviews.