We are currently seeking a Deputy Manager in the Leeds area to deputise for the manager at two learning disability schemes located in North Leeds. Both services are rated as 'Good' by CQC we are looking for a forward-thinking Deputy Manager to support our Registered Manager to achieve an outstanding CQC rating.
As part of the management team, you will be fully supported to carry out your role with assistance and guidance from our Head of Care and Support, Chief Executive Office, Homes Manager, Care Services Trainer, HR and Finance department.
You will be required to deputise for the Registered Homes Manager and to work alongside the Team Leaders and Support Workers assisting learning-disabled adults to live their best life. Your role will include home administration, care planning, supporting with daily life activities and staff supervision, appraisal, and handovers.Key Responsibilities of a Deputy Manager:
Deputy Manager Requirements:
- Ensure that appropriate systems are in place and operating to optimal efficiency to achieve effective care delivery inline to the needs of the service users.
- Ensure that all service users have an up-to-date support plan that has been jointly agreed with the service user and relevant stakeholders.
- Ensure that the company's policies in relation to staff recruitment and selection are implemented in full.
- Contribute to and implement initiatives and strategies to support the retention of staff, including recruitment, interview, and selection.
- Assist Registered Manager in ensuring that the personal records of the service users are kept up to date, including financial, care plan, MCA, DOLs, medication and other essential records.
- Assist Registered Manager to ensure that key workers maintain and evaluate support and risk plans.
- To work with the Registered Manager to actively solicit the views of service users and commissioners on the services provided.
- Investigate thoroughly and rigorously any complaints received in relation to the services provided.
- To undertake regular supervision and appraisals with staff in line with organisational policy.
- In liaison with the Registered Manager to develop and review annually the training plan for the service, taking account of existing needs and planned developments.
- People management skills and the ability to motivate and empower staff members to perform at a high level
- Ability to effectively prioritise own workload in line with objectives and pressures
- IT literate - good working knowledge of Windows and MS Office
- Knowledge of DOLS and Mental Capacity and Safeguarding for Adults.
- Minimum NVQ 3 in Care or equivalent qualification
- Induction & full commitment to your ongoing training and development
- 31 days annual leave, including bank holidays plus accrued service days
- Free DBS
- Company Pension
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Option to join healthcare scheme
If you are interested in the above position please apply, or for more information contact Matt Simmons at Domus Recruitment. As part of our continual pursuit of quality candidates we appreciate and reward candidate recommendations from you if we successfully secure them a position. We will reward you with £200 if you recommend a new candidate to us who is not already registered and we secure them a role for a minimum of 1 month.