An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Accounts Assistant to join a SME business that has grown in strength over the last few years and now has a large presence within the UKMain dutiesYou will be reporting to the financial controller, main duties will involve: Key Responsibilities:
The purpose of the role is to complete credit control duties, manage and forecast cashflow and support the Finance Director.
* Raise & issue Sales Invoices on a daily basis
* Update customer details on SOP system (currently Sage Accounts Line 50)
* Liaise with operations & sales depts. As required for any customer queries
* Escalate any overdue accounts
* Telephone &/or email Customers to chase payment
* Printing letters to customers
* Raise & issue proforma invoices.
* Raise internal recharge invoices on a monthly basis
* Issue customer statements
* Ensure Cash Collection Targets are Met
* Maintain 13-week forecasted cashflow
* Complete monthly P32 calculations and submissions
* Deal with Credit Card payments from customers
* Ensure quarterly VAT returns and payments are issued on time
* Update & reconcile bank on a daily basis
* Update & reconcile credit card accounts on a monthly basis
* Oversee supplier statement reconciliations and provide any necessary reports * Liaise with operations & sales depts. As required for any queries
* Assist FD with any administration as required The Successful Applicant:
- Microsoft office
- Financial system entry (Sage)
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including strong written and verbal communication.
- Good IT skills including Microsoft Excel.
- The ability to work in a team and individually
- Sound decision-making and absolute confidentiality
- Ability to remain calm under pressure.
23k, Hours -9 to 5.30 Monday to Friday. Cycle to work scheme, employee assistance programme. Potentially study support option.