The Consulting Business is seeing material growth and undergoing some exciting strategic change as we shift our business to deliver long term market leading transformational projects. To assist In supporting the businesses ambition for further growth we are recruiting a Business Decision Support Manager to work as a business partner to the Line of Service reporting in directly to the Finance Lead.
The Finance BDS team work closely with delivery teams, Commercial Team and Consulting Leadership to support the business in their decision making, through identifying financial controls and improvements, commercial advice, the planning and budgeting process and providing insight to the business on financial performance and key KPI's.About the role
Business strategy & strategic planning
Performance management & improvement
- Use business insights and detailed analysis to provide the Cluster, Sector and Finance Leads with support and guidance on P&L management
- Own and lead a Sector including being the first point of contact for the Cluster leadership team in relation to the sector
- Provide ad hoc support to the Finance Leader, responsible for sourcing information and providing quality analysis of information
- Provide depth of insight to the Consulting Leadership team enabling key strategic decision making
- Ownership for Cluster and Sector forecasting
- Providing the Cluster with additional insight to the key MI in existence and support the development of new MI by understanding the business needs
- Demonstrating an understanding of the business issues and applying market, industry and firm knowledge
- Providing commercial insight by providing performance improvement advice to the business and working closely with both the Commercial Team on complex material engagements
Financial control & compliance
- Provides and communicates interpretation of the monthly financial results and commentary to the Cluster Manager Leadership
- Responsible for monitoring areas of financial performance against Key Performance Indicators (KPI's) held in the financial scorecard, escalating issues where management action is required, with supporting analysis
- Work closely with the Operations team to develop relationships and understand the strategic imperatives of the Cluster
- Provide Partners with relevant accounting advice from the bid stage to through the life of engagements
- Provide Sector with relevant Financial Control expertise to ensure revenue recognition and accounting standards are achieved throughout the sector
- Providing local financial risk knowledge to the Financial Control centre of excellence and support the central team with complex queries that require local business insight
- Providing local intelligence to the Financial Control centre of excellence in line with agreed guidelines
- Works in close partnership with the Financial Control centre of excellence to encourage a culture of strong financial discipline and adoption of One Firm financial policies and procedures within the business unit
- Commercially minded with a business understanding
- Ability to deal with senior stakeholders
- Effective collaborator with the ability to build strong relationships
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with good attention to detail
- Intermediate to advanced Excel
- Strong technical finance and commercial acumen
- Ability to look at the bigger picture
- Takes ownership for personal development
- Agile and embraces change
- Relevant finance qualifications (CIMA/ACCA)
Not the role for you?
- Experience of working within a professional services environment
- Experience of business intelligence software
- People management and coaching skills
Did you know PwC offer flexible contract arrangements as well as contingent work (ie temporary or day rate contracting)?The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, 'The PwC Professional' and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
Learn more here: www.pwc.com/uk/careers/experienced/applyThe Deal
We want all of our people to feel empowered to be the best that they can be, which is why we have 'The Deal'.
Find out more about our firmwide Employee Value Proposition: https://www.pwc.co.uk/careers/about-us/the-new-deal.htmlDiversity
Valuing Difference. Driving Inclusion.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool because creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business, enabling us to solve important problems and deliver value to our clients. We encourage an inclusive culture where people can be themselves, are valued for their strengths and are empowered to be the best they can be. As an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we also support different ways of working offering flexible working arrangements. Learn more here about our work to support an inclusive culture.