The Financial Accounting manager position has been created in the Global team to provide finance support to PwC IT Services Ltd (ITSCo) as part of the Financial Operations team within the Network Operations function.
The successful manager will be a self starter with creativity and a strong drive to deliver high quality solutions whilst working collaboratively with the relevant stakeholders in ITSCo and across the wider Network Operations.
The Manager will work closely with the Financial Controller to streamline finance processes within ITSCo ensuring appropriate controls are in place. On an ongoing basis the successful candidate will ensure the smooth running of the month end process whilst working as part of a wider team looking after all statutory entities within the ITSCo group.
This is a great opportunity to join a fast-paced global team and be actively involved in building an A-Class finance function within ITSCo and the wider Network operations.Key tasks and responsibilities
Skills and attributes requirements
- Provide oversight for all Accounts Payable related activities.
- Actively involved in various month end activities which includes but not limited to Accruals, variance analysis, management reporting pack.
- Completion of year end accounts close including the preparation of statutory financial statements, preparation of year end extended trial balance together with relevant year end adjustments.
- Active involvement in the budget setting process.
- Actively involved in the day to day activities of the entity, including accounting and cash flow management and the initial preparation of the annual statutory accounts whilst ensuring that the relevant controls are adhered to and in place
- Play an active role in the annual statutory audit which includes but not limited to preparing YE audit schedules, preparing tax provisions
- Active involvement in the delivery of the ITSCo finance objectives.
- Provide backup and support for the financial controller as required
- Ad hoc tasks as deemed necessary by the financial controller.
Not the role for you?
- Strong technical accounting skills
- Fully qualified (ACCA, ACA, CIMA or equivalent)
- Experience in financial reporting requirements
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills
- Organized with high attention to detail
- Ability to learn quickly and multi-task with a sense of urgency in a dynamic, fast paced environment
- Ability to work with all levels of stakeholders
- Excellent team player who is able to work in a virtual/global team
- Resourceful and creative problem solver
Did you know PwC offer flexible contract arrangements as well as contingent work (ie temporary or day rate contracting)?The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, 'The PwC Professional' and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
Learn more here: www.pwc.com/uk/careers/experienced/applyThe Deal
We want all of our people to feel empowered to be the best that they can be, which is why we have 'The Deal'.
Find out more about our firmwide Employee Value Proposition: https://www.pwc.co.uk/careers/about-us/the-new-deal.htmlDiversity
Valuing Difference. Driving Inclusion.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool because creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business, enabling us to solve important problems and deliver value to our clients. We encourage an inclusive culture where people can be themselves, are valued for their strengths and are empowered to be the best they can be. As an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we also support different ways of working offering flexible working arrangements. Learn more here about our work to support an inclusive culture.