In Deals we solve the important problems that stand in the way of value being created, sustained, realised or protected for our clients - working together to aid responsible recovery and growth.
We put together major mergers and acquisitions and resolve business crises - from international take-over bids to financial crime investigations and cases of insolvency. Our teams work on iconic deals with national and global clients as well as operating and investing in businesses, new ventures and entrepreneurs in our local market and communities. It's both a responsibility and a privilege to guide our clients through moments that matter deeply to them. Our breadth of clients in an ever-changing market means we need to be agile - responding when we need to, in a way that really makes a difference.
We draw upon our deals experience across many industries to support and partner with our clients, to positively impact society and the communities in which we operate. The insight we create, coupled with the innovative tools and methodologies we use to access and evaluate the data that matters, contributes to the success of our clients in all Deals situations. We encourage our clients to think more broadly - connecting their actions today with their successes tomorrow. We help our clients throughout the Deals lifecycle to create lasting value for their businesses.
Each of our key areas within Deals, delivers services to the market individually or together by combining our specialists to provide comprehensive client solutions.About us
A career in our Mergers and Acquisitions practice, within Deals Corporate Finance services, will provide you the opportunity to deliver innovative deal solutions to our clients, providing advice and support, from initiation through to deal completion. In short, we're a part of helping some of the world's leading companies across industries originate, create, execute, and realise value from deals. Through data insights we help our clients move in the right direction ensuring maximum value for their company.Our team
Our team offers strategic advice to investors and companies undertaking mergers and acquisitions or investment opportunities. As part of our team, you'll help our clients by providing client specific commercial insight, market and competitor overviews, and investment/divestment advice and modelling.Responsibilities
Manager within our Corporate Finance M&A team are typically responsible for:
- Proactively assist in the management of a portfolio of clients, while reporting to Directors and above
- Be involved in the financial management of clients
- Be actively involved in business development activities to help identify and research opportunities on new/existing clients
- Develop project strategies to solve complex technical challenges for our clients
- Manage and deliver large projects by developing the project team, assessing engagement risks throughout, driving conclusions, and reviewing / challenging the output produced by the team
- Shape and deliver projects to meet and exceed the expectations of our clients and our own quality criteria
- Managing teams or people and acting as a coach and mentor to junior team members
- Continue to develop internal relationships and developing your PwC brand
In return for your skills and experience PwC will provide you with a wide range of career development opportunities, allied with an ongoing programme of support and training to enable you to meet your career aspirations. Essential Skills and Experience
We would expect interested applicants to be able to demonstrate the following attributes
Who we are looking for
- CA or ACA qualification or equivalent experience gained in a banking or consulting training programme
- Experience in an M&A transaction environment
- Strong analysis capabilities
- Client focus and flexible/agile worker
- Strong analytical skills and ability to grasp commercial issues
- Strong attention to detail whilst retaining an open mind to new ideas
- Strong written skills with demonstrable experience of producing high quality, tailored documents
- Ability to build effective working relationships both internally and externally
- Experience of managing teams and acting as a coach to junior team members
- Ability to work accurately under time pressure and manage multiple commitments
- Highly proficient in MS Excel, Word and Powerpoint
PwC Corporate Finance is seeking a Manager to join the Leeds office and be part of its ever growing M&A team. The team has a strong local reputation and focuses on corporate and private equity clients, with extensive credentials in domestic and cross-border M&A. The team is particularly focussed on selling private companies to strategic acquirers and financial investors, as well as undertaking selective acquisition and public company advisory work.
The team addresses the mid-market, which is the most active transaction size segment, being deals valued typically between £20m to £500m. Our regional deals business is a priority for the UK firm. In joining the team you will be expected to play a key role in supporting our growth plans, with strong career progression opportunities. The role provides an exceptional candidate the opportunity to work with a high performing team as part of the leading national and international corporate finance businessDeals
Our Deals business is an exciting, fast-paced and an ever-growing business that focuses on deals and crisis situations for our clients. Collectively, we deal with the types of situations you hear about regularly in the news and we provide support, insight and analysis to the management, shareholders and financiers of business.Not the role for you?
Did you know PwC offer flexible contract arrangements as well as contingent work (ie temporary or day rate contracting)?The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, 'The PwC Professional' and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
Learn more here: www.pwc.com/uk/careers/experienced/applyThe Deal
We want all of our people to feel empowered to be the best that they can be, which is why we have 'The Deal'.
Find out more about our firmwide Employee Value Proposition: https://www.pwc.co.uk/careers/about-us/the-new-deal.htmlDiversity
Valuing Difference. Driving Inclusion.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool because creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business, enabling us to solve important problems and deliver value to our clients. We encourage an inclusive culture where people can be themselves, are valued for their strengths and are empowered to be the best they can be. As an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we also support different ways of working offering flexible working arrangements. Learn more here about our work to support an inclusive culture.