About the Team
PwC Consulting helps organisations to work smarter and grow faster. Our Insurance Consulting business is going through unprecedented growth, with plans to double its revenues over the next three years.. We offer practical, far-sighted advice and exceptional delivery. That can mean improving the way an organisation operates, reducing costs, increasing productivity, managing risks, making the most of talent or fundamentally changing the way a business works.Who we are looking for
PwC is looking for new Senior Managers within our Insurance focused Operations Consulting team. We are looking for people with skills in operations transformation and experience with broader technology enabled insurance transformation experience.
Across Insurance, the sector is going through a period of substantial disruption and transformation. Each insurer is challenging its strategy, business model and associated operating model to ensure that they remain relevant and fit for the future. Alongside this, there is the continued need to manage cost, invest in the "best areas", deliver optimum performance and customer service, provide management insight, manage risk and regulation and address the opportunity presented by Digital and new technology in Insurance. Our client base covers a breadth of FTSE100 and multinational insurance organisations, (Life and Pensions, General Insurance, Brokers, Commercial / London Market).
Within this context, we have high growth targets and part of the strategy to achieve this is to bring in experienced hires to help our clients meet the challenges they are facing in the insurance sector.
We deliver high value solutions, from strategy to execution, solving our clients' complex business problems through technology enablement. These include in overview:
- Next generation operating model - Designing and building new operating models or transforming existing operating models that are challenged by growth, cost, M&A, control/regulation or customer demands.
- Digital operations transformation - Transforming end to end processes and ways of working through re-engineering and agile delivery of automation solutions to address client issues. Including process analytics and change, lean process transformation, robotic process automation, workflow design and delivery, analytics to drive continuous improvement in operations.
- Driving cost transformation from operations and technology - cost diagnostic, activity based analysis, initiative and business case development, and execution.
- Outsourcing and execution managed services - Supporting clients on their sourcing journey, from strategy to execution. This includes the establishment and operation of strategically important and value generating managed service operations.
- Future ways of working in operations - Enhancing leadership behaviours, team effectiveness and productivity using the latest coaching on ways of working, collaboration, interaction and digital tooling.
We are looking for dynamic Insurance Operations change leaders - the profile below is broad and we are interested in talking to all candidates who see themselves in this space.About the role
Within the field of Insurance operations this is an appointment for a Senior Manager to be responsible for:
- identifying client needs and shaping and proposing solutions for them;
- leading the delivery of broad and complex projects;
- building sustainable relationships with our key Insurance clients and development of an insurance market persona; and
- developing the careers of individuals and the teams working with and reporting to you;
- Delivery and leadership of client operational transformation engagements;
- Support of business development activities including the development of critical delivery assets;
- Operations and wider Consulting team building; and
- Input into development of thought leadership and market insights.
The following skills and experience are required for this role:Essential skills
- Must have extensive experience, knowledge and network within the insurance industry. A broader financial services experience will also be considered;
- Operations Transformation Programme experience. Understand operations change in Insurance, ideally from strategy through to technology enabled delivery and running of core insurance operations.
- Knowledge of the Insurance market, across life, non-life, general insurance or London Markets (specialism in individual sectors will be considered)
- Technical experience, including understanding of process optimisation techniques and technologies (e.g. robotic process automation, digital tooling, workflow, etc), operating model transformation and sourcing models
- Developed solutions to operational challenges utilising significant knowledge in one or more of the following areas:
- Business solution architecture design, Operating model design, including business partnership roles
- Process redesign, process excellence, process analytics, robotic process automation, workflow design and delivery
- Shared Service Centres/ Outsourcing strategy, implementation planning, execution and run
- Strategic cost reduction, cost analysis, business case development, initiative development and delivery
- Productivity analysis, team coaching and ways of working improvement.
- Proven excellent interpersonal skills and networking ability to develop and nurture contacts;
- Individual, Social and Business Interaction - Flexible in using a range of influencing styles in order to build strong sustainable relationships, and demonstrating the firm's values;
- Business acumen to identify client's real business needs which PwC can satisfy;
- First class delivery skills of large, complex and multi-vendor projects;
- Solid and articulate report, proposal and article writing skills to communicate PwC viewpoints on breaking news and technical publications;
- Personal and Professional Development - Committed to seeking and acting on feedback and learning opportunities;
- A track record of coaching and developing team members; and
- A track record of sales and delivery within a similar environment.
- Business Skills - Understanding our client's strategy, business and operating models and showing strong commercial acumen in the seeking out of opportunities and the winning of work;
- Delivery Skills - The ability to collaborate and bring together PwC's extensive industry and technical skills to better deliver practical solutions that are valued by the client and drive exceptional customer outcomes;
- Analytical Skills - Leading the identifying and diagnosing of client issues, options and solutions through rigorous analysis, including data analytics, rather than selling PwC solutions;
- Significant programme lead experience of lean methodologies, frameworks and tools for process/cost optimisation;
- Significant programme lead experience of operating vision definition; and
- Familiarity with core insurance systems and data concepts
In Consulting we deliver practical, far-sighted advice that gets straight to the heart of clients' business issues and delivers amazing results by helping our clients improve the way they operate, reduce costs, manage risks, leverage talent or fundamentally change the way they do business, the work you do will be all about helping organisations of all shapes and sizes work smarter and grow faster. You could find yourself working with household names in a diverse range of industries - everyone from big-name broadcasters and high-street banks to multinational telecoms operators and energy companies.The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, 'The PwC Professional' and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
Learn more here: www.pwc.com/uk/careers/experienced/applyThe Deal
We want all of our people to feel empowered to be the best that they can be, which is why we have 'The Deal'.
Find out more about our firmwide Employee Value Proposition: https://www.pwc.co.uk/careers/about-us/the-new-deal.htmlDiversity
Valuing Difference. Driving Inclusion.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool because creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business, enabling us to solve important problems and deliver value to our clients. We encourage an inclusive culture where people can be themselves, are valued for their strengths and are empowered to be the best they can be. As an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we also support different ways of working offering flexible working arrangements. Learn more here about our work to support an inclusive culture.