The Head of Financial Crime TM Operations will work alongside our Financial Crime KYC Operations Director and Financial Crime SME Director. The main purpose of this role is to lead on the development and growth of our Transaction Monitoring (TM) proposition and lead the operational delivery of multiple complex programmes in this area.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Director, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Support team to disrupt, improve and evolve ways of working when necessary.
- Arrange and sponsor appropriate assignments and experiences to help people realise their potential and support their long-term aspirations.
- Identify gaps in the market and spot opportunities to create value propositions.
- Look for opportunities to scale efficiencies and new ways of working across multiple projects and environments.
- Create an environment where people and technology thrive together to accomplish more than they could apart.
- I promote and encourage others to value difference when working in diverse teams.
- Drive and take ownership for developing connections that help deliver what is best for our people and stakeholders.
- Influence and facilitate the creation of long-term relationships which add value to the firm.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
- Lead and develop this significant aspect of the Operate business
- Develop key buyer relationships and successfully sell related services at scale
- Oversee the set up and operational delivery of multiple large scale complex programmes to deliver relevant, cost effective and process efficient solutions that meet client needs and objectives.
- Understand regulatory requirements (and changes on the horizon) and ensure business is prepared for these along with exploiting any business opportunities to come from these.
- Build and maintain an agile framework and structure to service large scale client programmes with metrics and a reporting framework to accurately articulate performance to clients, ensuring all programmes meet with contractual obligations and standards as well as budget and timescales, enhancing the reputation of Operate, PwC and the Client through efficient and high quality service.
- Develop capacity and capability to deliver a highly skilled, high performing, efficient and sustainable workforce by working collaboratively with enablement teams (resourcing, recruitment, capability and development and people and performance).
- In conjunction with team managers assume responsibility for quality, risk and governance and seek ways to continually improve processes, driving efficiencies and automating processes through the use of technology where possible.
- Maximise internal networks globally, promoting the success and potential of your pillar and wider business.
- Identify and target opportunities in the market and support pitches and the pursuit of opportunities through to successful sales.
- Network within target industry sectors and be aware of their trends and issues, building relationships with key decision makers in prospect clients and being visible at relevant events.
- Personally maintain strong professional relationships with key client stakeholders to ensure overall health of the account and act as a point of escalation where required.
- Inspire those around you to think broadly and laterally, leverage the combined capability of the Operate team and constantly challenge the status quo with pragmatic solutions.
- Handle conflict sensitively but firmly, providing leadership and resilience in equal measure.
- Contribute to the wider Operate business through collaboration with colleagues, owning or sponsoring key initiatives and reinforcing the Operate culture.
Not the role for you?
- Experience of operating at director or senior management level within a large scale complex financial crime TM operations environment.
- Experience of building and/or scaling a business in financial crime operations or an adjacent regulatory discipline.
- Evidence of having a wide network of senior relationships with key buyers of financial crime operations services and of having successfully leveraged this to drive significant sales revenues.
- Evidence of using technology, automation and process change to drive transformation and efficiency.
- Demonstrable success as a senior leader and of managing and developing large high performing teams.
- A track record of success setting up and running operations, demonstrating strategic outlook, commercial acumen and business planning.
Did you know PwC offer flexible contract arrangements as well as contingent work (ie temporary or day rate contracting)?The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, 'The PwC Professional' and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
Learn more here: www.pwc.com/uk/careers/experienced/applyThe Deal
We want all of our people to feel empowered to be the best that they can be, which is why we have 'The Deal'.
Find out more about our firmwide Employee Value Proposition: https://www.pwc.co.uk/careers/about-us/the-new-deal.htmlDiversity
Valuing Difference. Driving Inclusion.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool because creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business, enabling us to solve important problems and deliver value to our clients. We encourage an inclusive culture where people can be themselves, are valued for their strengths and are empowered to be the best they can be. As an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we also support different ways of working offering flexible working arrangements. Learn more here about our work to support an inclusive culture.