Compliance & Risk Officer - Insurance Part time - 3 days per week
An Insurtech company based in London who have a digital approach to underwriting, are seeking the expertise of a Compliance and Risk Officer on a part time basis - 3 days per week
This organisation's culture sets them apart from their competitors and in just 3 years they have grown from 0 to 65 staff. They provide flexible working hours, a great place to work and a collaborative working environment.
So what do you need for this role?
- Ideally you would have worked within a Insurance previously, and have experience of managing an effective compliance program, ensuing that that all the governance, controls and systems comply with both UK Legislation and Regulation.
- You will be adept at creating compliance procedures and policies, and ensuring that they meet best practice and regulatory standards. So an understanding of the FCA Handbook as well as Prudential Reporting is essential.
- You will be responsible for 'leading the charge' with regard to the company's compliance culture through regular horizon scanning, reporting, and training.
Typical responsibilities will include:
- Establish and operate a Compliance Framework with appropriate Policies & Procedures including, but not limited to: Conduct Framework, Anti-Money Laundering, Anti Bribery and Corruption, Conflicts of Interest, Complaints, Fitness and Propriety and Broker On-Boarding
- Regulatory horizon scanning, the employees are updated and able to comply with all upcoming UK regulatory changes
- Oversight of Complaints, ensuring complaint handlers are complying with policy and best practice, through training and Quality Assurance
- Responsible for effective risk management throughout the business, including developing and updating of risk policies, risk appetite, the risk register
This is a great opportunity to join a business which is disrupting the insurance market and harnessing the power of technology.
Inventum Group is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.