Our client is a leading Automotive 1st tier manufacturer of metal components. They are an innovative and ambitious business supplying into the major OEMs whilst also growing into the EV market. This is an exciting opportunity for an engaging Health and Safety Manager to help develop a committed and proactive culture across two West Midlands sites that have recently been acquired by the business.
* Identify, develop, and maintain company health and safety management systems, training programs, and procedures
* Ensure that site Health and Safety systems, regulations and codes are adhered to by all on site.
* Responsible for the co-coordination of risk assessment activities including record keeping.
* Responsible for co-ordinating HSE activities on shop floor and taking an active responsibility in training, educating and developing staff and their understanding of HSE's significance on a site that has a high output-focus
* Identification and evaluation of hazardous conditions and practices in work place
* Conduction of HSE audits on site across ISO 18001 and 14001
* Work with internal and external customers across HSE improvement activity
* Analysis of risk assessment, near miss and accident data
* Work in conjunction with Quality team in adherence to IATF16949
The Successful Applicant
* NEBOSH General Certificate and/ or associated degree qualification essential
* Industrial manufacturing background, ideally automotive
* Excellent communication skills and engaging manner
* Keen commitment to the development of Health and Safety behaviours
* Collaborative approach with key skills in coaching and training
* Comfortable working in fast-paced environment with demanding customers