TRAINEE SEN TEACHER - TRAINING OPPORTUNITY!
We are very proud to be appointed to recruit for this rare opportunity for individuals who want to develop their careers in Psychology and Special Education Needs.
Teaching, Learning Support Assistants and Nursery Workers - this is an outstanding opportunity for enthusiastic and motivated individuals to join the teaching team at a day school graded 'Outstanding' by Ofsted for children with autism aged 4-19 years old.
This rare opening will give you access to numerous funded training and qualification opportunities in SEN teaching whilst gaining a breadth of experience with children of varying ages and abilities. The school uses behaviour driven teaching strategies and interventions to encourage positive outcomes and development of our pupils. Working within small classes individually and in groups, you will design, plan and deliver teaching sessions to encourage pupils learning and progression as well as improve their social and emotional development.
Salary: £16,454 per annum plus regular salary progression based on completion of training modules + £1000 joining bonus
Hours: 34.75 hours per week term time only - Mon to Fri 9am to 4.30 pm (close on Tues at 5.30pm for training)
Holiday: 9 weeks paid holiday
* Provide teaching and support to pupils with autism following individualised curriculums
* Plan, prepare and deliver lessons and activities focusing largely on life skills
* Support pupils' participation in trips, applying theory-based learning to practice
* Provide behaviourally based support to reduce behaviours that impact quality of life
* Provide personal care encouraging pupils to maintain acceptable levels of hygiene
* Monitor progress, ensuring teaching is appropriate and effective
* Assist with break-time duties, playground support and snack time
* £1,000 bonus on joining
* Regular salary progression on completion of modules
* Career advancement to senior roles including Lead Teacher and Class Supervisor
* Opportunities to gain funded and recognised qualifications building your career in SEN education (behavioural based teaching accreditations): Registered Behaviour Technician, Board Certified Behaviour Analyst certification, Masters in Behaviour Analysis
* Extensive training including first aid, safeguarding, emergency medication and much more!
* Additional duties available to build your CV including Mental Health First Aider, School Council Representative and Pupil Behaviour Support
* Opportunity to work alongside our in-house team of Occupational and Speech & Language Therapists
WHAT DO YOU NEED?
* Professional, personal or voluntary experience of working with children and disabilities
* Degree, further studies or a minimum Grade C/4 GCSE in English Language & Maths or equivalent
* Comfortable working with children who exhibit challenging behaviour
* Comfortable supporting others with personal/intimate care where required
* Ability to keep calm in high pressure situations
* Own transport or access to a lift (due to location)