An exciting opportunity has been created through the formation of a new organisation in Wales, responsible for the digital transformation of healthcare in Wales. We are looking for an experienced Systems Accountant to join this growing team. The ideal candidate will assist in leading the organisation on all technical aspects of accounting, ensuring that the financial reporting standards are fully met through systems.
Experience of PowerBI / Oracle would be advantageous. This role offers flexibility with location and although the office is based in Cardiff, applications are considered from remote workers who meet the role requirements. Responsibilities summary
Co-ordinate and assist with Annual Accounts, associated documents and returns
- Responsible for ensuring that bank accounts are managed, reconciliations are prepared and information is available on current and forecast balances within each bank account
- Deputise for the Financial & Accounting Manager when required
- Be the main point of contact for Auditors
Qualifications & Skills Required
- For month and year end reporting - provide a full set of specific reports allowing the production of a balance sheet and associated notes including control reports, reconciliation of ledger codes and to provide any statutory returns necessary.
- Produce the guides and procedures for the annual stock take providing the required reconciliations and notes to the Annual Accounts.
- Assist with the production and delivery of the statutory annual accounts and associated notes and returns. Be responsible for ensuring that all work plans and timetables are communicated and work towards ensuring a successful delivery and audit outcome.
- Be responsible for accounting policy implementation through interpretation of International Financial Reporting Standards and their application.
- Be responsible for assisting with developing and maintaining Financial Control Procedures relevant to financial accounting.
- Ensure all key balance sheet reconciliations for designated codes are actioned promptly on a regular basis and reconciliation differences identified and resolved quickly.
- In-depth highly specialist knowledge of financial and reporting systems.
- Professional accountancy/management qualification, or equivalent skills and experience to masters equivalent.
- Comprehensive knowledge on how to develop and implement systems as well as maintain them.
- Sound knowledge of financial control and governance processes.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel knowledge and use, and good knowledge/use of other Microsoft Office products (e.g. Word).
For further information and a full Job Spec, apply now or contact us direct.